Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Illinois Chapter September Truck Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Illinois Chapter September Truck Show

I was thinking that this September we could have an IL Chapter Ford truck show to commemorate the one year anniversary of the IL Chapter. Would anyone else in the Chapter be interested in doing something like this? It would be a free show; no classes, trophies, dash plaques, etc. Just a chance for all of us IL Chapter members to get together and show off our Ford trucks. Does anybody have any suggestions for a location?
JohnT- Illinois Chapter Leader

Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about where we all met to begin the Illinois Chapter last September?

Sundown Meadows Forest Preserve on Rt. 45/La Grange Road?

Fastronald

Old 07-31-2005, 08:57 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
I was thinking the same thing,Sundown Meadows would be a good place to hold the show.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:29 PM
efoster_01
Senior User
Id be interested in coming, im living in peoria, where is sundown meadows from here?

Thanks,
Bone

Old 08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
theracingtouch
Junior User
I would love to attend but last Thurday I was rear ended out on I 64, avoiding a construction workers vehicle turning. My ranger is in the shop, 5500.00 worth damage, good news, not going to be totaled, it is repairable, mostly just sheet metal, more good news, it is getting a brand new bed and tunnell cover.

Hope to see you in the south sometime.
Steve

Old 08-02-2005, 07:20 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Sundown Meadows it is! For those members who do not know where Sundown Meadows is located, the directions are: take RT. 45(La Grange Rd.) into Hodgkins. Coming from the south Sundown Meadows is on the left, shortly after you pass I-55. From the north it is on the right shortly after you pass 67th street. At our August meeting we will choose a date for the truck show. It will most likely be on a Sunday. If anyone needs more detailed directions, feel free to e-mail me or send me a pm.
JohnT- IL Chapter Leader

Old 08-02-2005, 07:35 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Originally Posted by theracingtouch
I would love to attend but last Thurday I was rear ended out on I 64, avoiding a construction workers vehicle turning. My ranger is in the shop, 5500.00 worth damage, good news, not going to be totaled, it is repairable, mostly just sheet metal, more good news, it is getting a brand new bed and tunnell cover.

Hope to see you in the south sometime.
Steve
Sorry to hear about the accident. Good thing no one was injured, and your Ranger can be fixed. That's cool that you're getting a new bed for the Ranger. Just be sure that you take it to a good body shop to have the work done so that the paint on the new bed will match. Keep those of us up north posted on how things are going with the Southern IL region.
JohnT- IL Chapter Leader

Old 08-04-2005, 11:33 AM
theracingtouch
Junior User
Ranger Update

Ranger:

I have taken it to a good body shop, the work and paint will be warranteed for life by the insurance company and the body shop so I shouldn't have much problem there. I made sure that they can match the paint since the bed and the cab will end up being different mfg years. Their paint process starts with electronic paint anylaisis and is mixed electronicly as well so i should be good to go on the end, I just hope it drives the same as it used to once they get it all back together. I also get a new set of seats for it since my reclining drivers seat is screwed from the accidient, you can barely move it back and forth it is all jammed up. So I am hoping to get it back around the 15th or so...

Southern Chapter:

Not going well. Do you guys have any suggestions? Does FTE let you post flyers to help things move along???

Let me know, shoot me an email john.

Thanks

Steve

Old 08-13-2005, 01:03 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

How about having the FTE IL Chapter truck show on Sunday, Sept. 18 at Sunset Meadows on RT.45(La Grange RD) in Hodgkins? We will meet in the first grove at 1 PM. Will that work out OK for everyone who plans on attending?

JohnT- IL Chapter leader

Old 08-13-2005, 10:49 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
September 18th will work for me.