Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2005, 11:38 PM
New User

south bay 6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question propane injection.

i own a 04 6.0 with a 12" lift on 40" tires and 5.13 gears. i also have a banks six gun installed with the big hoss bundle. there's still a good amount of power even with the big tires but i want more. ive been thinking about getting propane injection for my truck from a company called stc performance in santa fe springs, ca. they say it's totally safe and i would gain a signifigant amount of power and lower egt's. what do you guys think?

Last edited by south bay 6.0; 07-25-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Elder User

Super Steve is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you should get it.
I have similar setup and want to get the new MSD digital propane injection but don't want to be the first one. In 4wheel & offroad they tested it on a cummins and increased mileage by 10mpg!
MSD claims 75hp for the 6.0
Let us know if you do it!
steve
Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Posting Guru

Vic_Ferrari is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Vic_Ferrari is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Steve
I think you should get it.
I have similar setup and want to get the new MSD digital propane injection but don't want to be the first one. In 4wheel & offroad they tested it on a cummins and increased mileage by 10mpg!
steve
How much Propane was consumed per mile?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Elder User

Mark at DPPI is starting off with a positive reputation.
South bay 6.0,

We stock the MSD systems and so far folks are really impressed with it, the 75 HP is a little modest from what they tell us. It's the only propane system designed for each truck, not a generic system, and has the most parameters to watch for danger areas, basically as safe as the nut behind the wheel as you can get with propane etc. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 07-26-2005, 11:40 AM