Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
TENNESSEE CHAPTER MEETING (#1 of 24JUL05)

Please respond in this thread.
Chapter members please so signify in posts.

AGENDA:

Chapter organization

Meeting methods

Motion for New or Secondary Chapter Leader

We have a number of new members (Welcome once again!) and at least some participation in the chapter forums. I note that it is spread state wide, which is a good thing. We've commented before that this is a very WIDE state to begin with. FOR THAT REASON I move that we formally adopt the idea that the Tennessee Chapter of FTE is comprised of an Eastern, Central, and Western Regional Area

Secondarily to the above motion - I move that each should have some sort of Chapter House or favorite meeting place at least, in order to better make gatherings and get togethers possible across the width of our fine STATE.

The first part of the above motion is a matter of principle and I believe necessary. The second part - that of having meeting places is not essential, however I volunteer my own place near the city of Memphis as a Chapter House for get togethers and special occasions.

Who will second this/these motion(s)?

~Greywolf
TN Chapter Member

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-24-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Internet Brands

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Stickie made
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
This meeting can proceed no further without participation.

YAY OR NAY, people. Its YOUR chapter, speak up!
Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Postmaster

parks911 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf

We've commented before that this is a very WIDE state to begin with. FOR THAT REASON I move that we formally adopt the idea that the Tennessee Chapter of FTE is comprised of an Eastern, Central, and Western Regional Area
Yes it is a very broad state to try & get people together. I hate to see what TX & CA have to go through just to meet.

Splitting the Chapter into sub-chapter may be a good idea. The forum itself wouldn't need to be split since people already know where they reside.
Western, Central, & Eastern TN Chapters seem justifiable. Each region can have there own little get together & members from other regions can join any gathering they choose. Perhaps have a statewide gathering once or twice a year (with proper planning ofcourse).

Quote:

Secondarily to the above motion - I move that each should have some sort of Chapter House or favorite meeting place at least, in order to better make gatherings and get togethers possible across the width of our fine STATE.

The first part of the above motion is a matter of principle and I believe necessary. The second part - that of having meeting places is not essential, however I volunteer my own place near the city of Memphis as a Chapter House for get togethers and special occasions.

If people want to open up there homes for Chapter members really isn't my call, it is their personal decision. GreyWolf is very Noble to open his home to the FTE member's & I applaud him for doing this.
As for having a desinated meeting location. That isn't a bad idea, but perhaps a few desinated spots in each region should be picked & gatherings be rotated among those regional locations?

By rotating between a few different locations in a region will help other TN chapter members participate.
Work, Finacial, Family, Vehicle, and many other things could factor when it comes to deciding to travel any amount of distance for a gathering, whether is be just a few mile or a few hundred miles.

Quote:
Motion for New or Secondary Chapter Leader
To me this is a good idea. Possibly have 1 Secondary Chapter leader assigned to each region & then a sole Chapter leader to cover the whole kit & kaboddle.
We need Chapter & Secondary Chapter leaders that will participate in organizing events, not just for their own region, but to assist other regions if the need is their & to cordinate with the Chapter leader to organize a statewide gathering. Possibly suggest activities to Rollie & help him if needed with the National gatherings.
I believe the Chapter leaders should be major participants not only with FTE, but with their local state chapter, chapter region, FTE forums, & bug the crap out of those hooligans from Kansas & Washington.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
I think dividing the state is a good idea. Tn is too long to expect members to cross for meets. I don't know if I have voting rights yet or I'd second this idea.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Postmaster

parks911 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Another thing we have to consider with this also.

1/4 of the state is on eastern time zone while the other 3/4 is on central.

If may not affect others, but it messes me up since the time zone line is not far out of town here.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

lariat97 - I so move that you are a chapter member in good standing.

Second on that?

Parks? What you say?

This is OUR chapter. We make it what it is by speaking up....

Wolf
Old 08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
I second on voting in a new leader & also on dividing the state into 3 divisions. Thanks for admitting me to the chapter. Lets make it grow.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
Yeah, it's a long way across and not many can afford a trip.
Greywolf, you'd have my vote, I've been on here for some time, and I've read many of your posts.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Alright - we have seconds on state regional areas, and on an election.

Any opposed?

The original idea here was to have this thread stand for thirty days so that as many as possible can have a voice in it. At what point should we vote and consider it done?

I'd also like to put up a motion that there should be enough time on matters like this for as many members as possible to have a say in them. Second this idea anyone?
Old 08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

The leader position having been decided - we must move forward!

Tonight I put forward TWO ideas:

1) A VOTE for the adoption of regional areas for Tennessee. If seconded - I will post it immediately.

2) NOMINEES for regional reps (I suggest a thread just for this purpose)

Do I hear seconds on these?

(You can put forward your own ideas here too. In fact I am hoping for exactly that to happen)
Old 08-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
You live out west, so that one is covered, there needs to be one in Middle and East, wife and I worked at it elsewhere before I got disgusted with the attitude of others, posers.
Who are active in those areas.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Post Fiend

I'll second the adoption of regonial areas.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

As far as I can see - the points other than Regional Chapter leaders have all been met in this meeting thread.

Adopted the Following:

I reckon I'm saddled with it (again)
East, West, and Central Regions are Inaugurated.

Open Motions: (1)

We need to nominate and elect Chapter Officials for the new regions...

If there is no further business, may I then move that this Chapter Meeting thread is concluded?

~Greywolf
"Grand Pooh-bah of the Tennessee Chapter of FTE"...
Old 08-20-2005, 09:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter