General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Some people need a beating.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:42 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people need a beating.

I am a Jeeper and an avid ATVer. I love doing both of them. I hate hearing about the damage that has been done by Off-road groups. My big Ford truck does not fit into tight area's.

However, there was a Jeep Rally near Philipsburg, Maxville area here in Montana that has hurt the cause to keep area's open to go wheeling. And hurt it to the point that the FS is very close to shutting down this area.

The area is an awesome place for both Jeep's and ATV's. Alot of trails to run on. Great views, clean camping. Not anymore. Whoever put on this Jeep Rally really messed up. They tore up a meadow beyond repair. Left garbage all over. Moved big rocks around.

This is not what 4x4 Group's stand for. There are area's in which to do this type of wheeling. Not at this site. Alot of the license plate's were from the Washington area. They came a long way just to damage land. It hurt all people who share the area.

This type of stupid behavior must be stopped. At least if you are going to screw up some land, do it in your own State and not mine.

I am not very happy to see this happen anywhere. We have enough battle's to fight to keep area's open. Let's not give the anti's anymore ammo to use against us.

Tom Wolf
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old 07-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Jens
Elder User
I agree with you, It seem that is the same problem in many counties...

Jens

Old 07-21-2005, 01:07 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Jens-

don't you have to go 4-wheeling on private property in Germany?

Old 07-21-2005, 01:48 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Disrespect seems to be the norm nowadays.

Too bad.

What the hell happened?

Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 AM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What makes you feel that all of us residents of WA are to be judged by a few bad apples and that we all share their attitudes and principles??? A******s are everywhere. BTW, we also happen to have problems with people coming here from neighboring and nearby states, trashing the public and private but open to the public lands, resulting in closures.

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 07-21-2005 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:28 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think the state of origin is the problem, but the user's state of mind... Since it is illegal for fireworks in Iowa and Minnestoa, people come and buy fireworks in South Dakota, then proceed to blow them up and leave their garbage behind... but the brilliant lawmakers don't allow SD residents to purchase fireworks until right about the 4th of July... out of state can buy from the end of May until August.... so then other state residents can come, blow them up and burn the state and leave their garbage...

Old 07-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Part of the issue that we all need to address is that we police our own ranks and make sure we are leaving the areas we frequent as clean and tidy as when we showed up ... if not in better condition. This goes for groups from all states. In this day of environmental super-activism, we all need to be vigilant for those few who mess it up for everyone else. There are still some folks out there who just don't plain old give a rats behind about you, me or how their actions affect even them... then they are the first to whine and snivvle when another law is passed, restricting us further.

Police our own ranks and don't be afraid to go tell someone to wise up ... or turn them in, getting pictures of the trucks and drivers doing the nasties, if possible. Pictures seldom lie and win big time in a court.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:06 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
cowboybilly9mile, was correct in saying what he said about judging us guys in washington. Most likely the people who
did the damage to the area where originaly from MONTANA
who just happen to reside in washington now, how else would
they have known about that place. Really most poeple stay
fairly close to home to go wheelin. Anyhow im not condoening
there actions it is sad that poeple are so inconciderate of others
that want to have good clean (dirty) fun and preserve it for there
children and others.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
TWolf
Elder User
I am sorry if it was taken wrong about folk's from the State of Washington. As I said, "A lot" not all plate's were Washington. I agree that the event more likely was organzied here in Montana. Please accept my apology to the fine people of Washington.

By stating the State where is seem's that most of the plate's were located. Part of me was hoping that someone had heard or knew of someone who might have attended this event.

The FS is not looking into this to find out who did it. It seems like it should be an easy answer. With over 180 (est) Jeeps in the area, you would think that someone would know something. All they (FS) look at is closing the area down. Punish alot for the few who screw up. So the folk's around here are trying to find out any information that we can.

Again, i1dery and cowboybilly, please accept my aology.

Tom

Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Aint no thang i would be all puffed up to about it, good luck, never
know you just might find somthin.

Old 07-21-2005, 03:50 PM
MRKnight
Elder User
a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us.... 4th of July here was hot and thousands of people went to hang out at the American River (Sacramento). The next week i heard that over 25 garbage trucks were needed to haul out all the garbage [rude] people left there that weekend.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:01 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

I saw the news on that mess at the Delta.

I couldn't believe how much garbage was left behind; along with folding lawn chairs and coolers.

Incredible number of jack-offs, if you ask me.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:10 PM
MRKnight
Elder User
Just disgusting... how rude our society is becoming.

The first time I went to Oregon we stayed 3 days in the Columbia Gorge hiking as many waterfalls as we could. I kept looking for garbage on the trails, couldn't find any. I take a hike in even the most remote parts of the CA Sierras and I find all kinds of crap - mostly empty beer cans and bottles.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

I remember camping in Oregon; leaving cans and bottles on the camp tables and having kids run up to you "say mister, can we have your bottles and cans?".

"Go ahead; takem".

No. I didn't leave them there and take off.

I had the cans/bottles sitting on the table, while I was still at the campground.

I go to some of the campgrounds here in Ca. and some of them are real clean, but others are more like a garbage dump.

Me and my camping buddies just shake our heads.

Seems like the more populas the state, the more people don't care/ more crap.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
The local clubs should get together and sue the rally organizer for "damages", loss of use etc...

Quick Reply: Some people need a beating.