Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't wait to meet everyone that shows up. Those that show up can see the trophy that Ray and I got.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F2504x4
Eric where are you racing at?
At Kil-Kare Speedway in Xenia. On the front field before you go over the railroad tracks.(I think) Starts at around 11:30am on the 13th. I'll be there around 9;00-9;30am. I'm missing a family reunion over this race, just as well as ya'lls GTG and a Subaru install meet. Talk about a tough decision, NOT. I get to race on a virgin field. Plus the best in the Midwest will be there. I've been prepping my Omni GLH turbo for two weeks for this. I'm excited to all heck and back. The hours of the work day seem to take forever, this week.

Eric

Old 08-10-2005, 07:26 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm maybe I'll drop by with my son, but that depends on if I can get my lazy **** up in time

Old 08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Okay are we still on for today, since its 5min past midnight right now, i'll be checking this tomorrow err later today, cheez i gotta get some rest

If i'm correct which is not often lately 3ish at dave 7 busters

Randy lets work on a meet in NE ohio look for the thread.

Old 08-13-2005, 12:39 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
I just talked to Ryan and we are going to be meeting in the parking out of B&D's , just look for my green and silver Super duty

Old 08-14-2005, 03:54 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
guess what NO-ONE showed up. How do you like that! IT was me and Ray from 3pm-430p waiting for anyone to showup. Things like this that make me wonder why I try. Ray was so upset I think he went to look at getting chevy.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:25 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i had to work till 4:30 and i was on call that made things worse. but i did propose to my girlfriend around 8:45 last night.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:45 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Originally Posted by rywegh
guess what NO-ONE showed up. How do you like that! IT was me and Ray from 3pm-430p waiting for anyone to showup. Things like this that make me wonder why I try. Ray was so upset I think he went to look at getting chevy.
Good god, I'm so sorry to hear that.

They ended up shutting us down yesterday at 1:00pm because we were kicking up to much dust and the darg racers were complaining. We finished the left over runs today.

Eric

Old 08-14-2005, 08:43 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Stan congratulations on the proposal. SHe said yes ....right?

It just irks us that we try so hard to stir up activity, to be slapped in the face by those that were saying. "yeah yeah people" I'll go or I'll make it.

I understand gas prices are high. If thats the excuse couldn't they at least have the decency to post their decline so that I and Ray wouldn't have wasted our money. There were some who posted they couldn't make it and we understood.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:05 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Sorry to hear that guys, too bad. I must say I envy the chapters who are able to have monthly GTG's and quite a few members show up.

I guess us "yankees" don't have the same hospitality or something.

I was thinking maybe we should try to have a full-blown chapter meeting and make it in Columbus (or nearby suburb). That puts it no more than 2 1/2 hours from anyone in the state.

I think something like that would be too hard to try to find out when everyone can make it, we'll just have to set a date and everyone will need to try to make it.

I think, however, we should do some type of "picnic" atmostphere, you know a big park where our kids can play on the playground and a few of us could hit baseballs or throw around some footballs!

Figure on a Sunday from Noon to 4 and that way everyone would have time to get there and back in the same day.

I'm also discouraged sometimes when I see posters in other forums in this board from Ohio, but NEVER see them post in here. I know I've only posted a few times lately but I always try to stop in and see what's new in this thread.

Randy

Old 08-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
It just irks us that we try so hard to stir up activity, to be slapped in the face by those that were saying. "yeah yeah people" I'll go or I'll make it.

I understand gas prices are high. If thats the excuse couldn't they at least have the decency to post their decline so that I and Ray wouldn't have wasted our money. There were some who posted they couldn't make it and we understood.
Ryan: Sorry to hear you and Ray had a discouraging day! It cant be said you guys dont try and stir up activities, it kind of surprises me with the size of the cities that are in sourthern ohio. Dayton is only a hours drive from columbus or cincinnatti, and toledo,lima are just up the street. If gas is a problem, guys/gals could ride with each other and split the cost.

Hopefully members will plan better next time, maybe give a little input as to where they would like to meet and the time!

Just cruzen the forums,
Lenny

Old 08-15-2005, 03:57 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
Stan congratulations on the proposal. SHe said yes ....right?

she said yes. we are looking for a church to book. we are getting married on october 7th 2006 as long as we can find a church and reception hall. i should have a new truck by then also, lol.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats Stan.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:36 AM
robtinalimon
Senior User
I have been out of the loop, but I bought a new truck. Are we doing the Bob Evans thing? I am always available to eat and chat Ford trucks. I am having a stall problem with my '74, but the 05 is good to go, as long as I can keep gas in it.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:01 AM
ddavie
Senior User
New guy here. I would be interested in attending a meeting if one is put together. I'll keep checking the thread.

Quick Reply: Meeting