Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Elder User

rogerf100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Columbus Ohio Passes Gun Ban Ordinance

As requested by F2504X4, reposted

OHIO

Despite overwhelming opposition from NRA members, Peoples Rights Organization members, and other law-abiding gun owners in Columbus, the ban on so-called "assault weapons" passed unanimously 6-0 during Monday night's Columbus City Council meeting. This legislation far exceeds the recently expired federal semi-automatic ban, making it the worst of its kind. Safety Committee Chair Mr. Mentel and other council members have taken it upon themselves to dismantle the rights of law-abiding citizens in Columbus by passing this vehemently anti-gun ordinance.

Little by little our Second Amendment rights are be chipped away.
'94 F150 Flareside 5.0 V8
roger dot hughes64 at gmail dot com
Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Thanks Roger ,

Geez this is getting out of hand, but I guess they used the sniper shooting's that had happened a year or so ago to get this passed.....whats next?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:17 PM
New User

1950willys is starting off with a positive reputation.
They will use any excuse they can to push their agenda, all we can do is make our voices heard.....
Old 07-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Posting Guru

DeckedoutF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
this is clearly not a free country anymore. we the people have no say in hardly anything that goes on. we just have to sit here and take it.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Freshman User

kc8ard is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live in columbus for college(OSU). I have until the beginning of november to register my ar's and ak clone. I probably wont register them and keep them in Akron, but I feel for people that have no other option. I'm actually building a couple of AR receivers just because of the ban. Personally, though, I'm working as hard as I can to try to reverse the ban. I would suggest writing letters and making phone calls to that scum, Mike Mentel. He's just using it as a political opputunity to forward his own cause. Give me a little while, and I'll post his information. -Will
Old 10-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Elder User

holland501 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Only the government can make a criminal out of a law abiding citizen.
With guns we are citizens, without guns we a subjects.
Without the SECOND AMENDMENT, we have the BILL OF SUGGESTIONS!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:12 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

RUNVS has a good reputation on FTE.RUNVS has a good reputation on FTE.
When guns are outlawed, Outlaws WILL have guns! Does the Columbus council believe that an assault weapons ban would have prevented the sniper shootings? To believe that is not only ridiculous, it is ignorant.

Bans only limit law-abiding citizens, the ones least likely to go postal on someone, from owning these types of weapons. These are the ones that are least likely to purchase them to begin with.

Those who really want to purchase, sell or own such weapons will always have a means, no matter the law.
'02 F-250 Super Duty 5.4L XLT 4x4 SCLB, '09 bed/gate/step/cam, '07 front conversion, SPD Y-pipe, SS dual 2.5 w/MBRP tips, Gibson shortys, PowerSlot Cryos, Hawk pads, A-pillar triple pod, optima bluetop, dual-core radiator, Bilsteins, 295/70R17 Nittos on Raceline Predators, K&N, Back Rack, SCT w/5star tunes, Warn lockouts, several anti-theft devices
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j-TflIBAG5c/TtG6TkJ9PjI/AAAAAAAAKsQ/svk9X8Ki2No/s144/truck%2520hauling.jpg Click --->HERE<-- to join the OHIO Chapter!!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:57 AM
New User

OH96F1504X4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool

I'm just not sure what Coleman and the City Council expect to accomplish with this rubbish. It sure isn't going to take the gun out of the hands of the criminals. Only law abiding citizens are going to take the time to register their guns.

I don't live in Columbus, but I do know that it would be a cold day in hell before I took the time to register my guns. It just wouldn't happen.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Posting Guru

DeckedoutF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
isn't this totally unconstitutional?? in the second amendment it says we have the right.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter

Tags
1977, ban, bans, columbus, fedral, firing, ford, gun, ohio, ordnance, posible, ranchero, register, weapon, whats