2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Violent Shaking!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM
NY-Ford-Lifer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Violent Shaking!

So for the third time within a week my truck is the capable hands of Ford. As some of you know it was brake issues, rear emergency brake hanging up and smoking of which they changed the front rotors to solve that problem. Interesting!

Well today (thinking my problems were behind me) I hit 65mph and the damn thing felt like it was going to shake itself apart! I pulled over onto the grass then took off again and all was fine until...... yup, I hit 65 mph again. It was so violent the wipers were rattling on the windshield and my arms looked like I was controlling a jackhammer. Not to mention the almost stained shorts .As of now they think it's a tire balance issue. I'll know more in a few hours. Had no idea a vibrator was an option in these trucks.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:18 PM
SuperCrewDude
Senior User
I did the E-Brake repair myself, but I have experience to do it and I understand not everyone can. Maybe they just sprayed something to loosen it. It's a small steel bracket in the drum portion of the rear rotors that works the E-Brake shoes that is the culprit with those effected with the E-Brake vibe. It can be very bad. Maybe they just "patched" the problem so to speak and did not really dig in and fix it.

As some of you know it was brake issues, rear emergency brake hanging up and smoking of which they changed the front rotors to solve that problem
Am I reading this correctly....they changed front rotors to fix the E-Brake? If that's the case I have to say that your E-Brake problem is still going to be there.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
NY-Ford-Lifer
Senior User
You did in fact read it correctly. I didn't mind getting the front rotors changed since they were getting grooved but how that fixes the emergency brake is beyond me. I think you hit the nail right on the head! So far it's working but........

Old 07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
tomdoggie
Senior User
Been there Done that. My dealer changed both EB levers no problems since.
thank goodness. Good luck.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:17 PM
gpeade
Elder User
If your dealer did actually change front rotors to solve an e-brake issue.... I think I would be looking for another dealer!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2005, 05:18 PM
NY-Ford-Lifer
Senior User
This one has a **** poor reputation but it's in my hometown (and not where any family member has bought a car from since the 1980's). The vibration was so bad I couldn't risk the drive to a better dealership. Sure did knock the cobwebs out.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What tires do you have? My local dealer rotated my crappy BFGs, and the truck did exactly what you are saying. I got the dealership to pop for 4 Goodyear upgrades (with no upcharge to me..).

Old 07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
SuperCrewDude
Senior User
Originally Posted by gpeade
If your dealer did actually change front rotors to solve an e-brake issue.... I think I would be looking for another dealer!!!!!!
That's what I was thinking too!

I'm just shaking my head reading that they changed front rotors to service the E-Brake. I wasn't sure if I'd missed something.

Once I fixed that on mine it's been fine, but it did cause a heckuva shake when it stuck.

I guess this way NY gets new rotors and (hopefully) his E-Brake done right.

Good Luck man.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:44 PM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
that sounds like a rack and pinion steering going out. the same issue happens with the new expys i had it happen twice on mine.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:45 PM
treefarmer
Freshman User
Had the same problem took two trys at the e brake to fix. Not a problem yet.We use a lot of sand and salt up here and there is a T S B on this problem related to areas of high salt use.