Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Senior User

Fordafied is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Attack!! (thanks Quad)

1st off let me give Quadzilla a BIG "thank you"!!! for all the help and info you provided in helping me set-up my Propane injection system. Man I love this stuff. I thought the truck ran like a bat out of hell before, but now it is awesome. I installed the Power Shot 2000 system with a 28 gallon tank. I had to mount the tank in the bed due to it being too big. I really did not want to do this, but I could not pass up the deal I got on it. Real simple to hook up and install. I still need to tweak the settings to ensure I am getting out of it all I can. It is getting a serious grin factor now. Cruising through town I can only think "who's next"

Last edited by Fordafied; 07-13-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Junior User

hoss1273 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Whos next ?????? Thats funny Fordadied >>>>>Go get em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Posting Guru

Medic 66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
medic66rc
Does this do anything to increase your MPG? or just increase your fun factor? Just wondering.....
Personal-->1999a F250 XLT Superduty 7.3L PSD 4x4, Extended Cab, Long Bed, Black, Matching Topper, Roll-n-Lock Sliding Bed Cover, XM Radio, Black CPS, Tekonsha P3 Controller, AM/FM/CD/Cassette; 239,000+
Work-->2010 F250 Superduty XLT 6.4L PSD FX4, Extended Cab, Short Bed, White, XM Radio, Upfitter Switches, SEIC, LineX Spray in bed liner, Roll-N-Lok, 47700+ mls
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Postmaster

1997F-350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1997F-350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
sounds like fun but be carefull. dont put too many psi to her!!! you dont want any cracked pistons. i can only imagine what it must feel like!!!!!!!!!!!
wanted: 97 350 XLT 4x4 REG CAB 5SP with less than 120k. C5,C9 OR 35,39 Does not matter. little to no mods done prefered. willing to pay premium$$$hoping to build another monster. doing the injectors myself this time with my OWN kit....no plain white trucks.NO CALI TRUCKS EITHER
Old 07-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic 66
Does this do anything to increase your MPG? or just increase your fun factor? Just wondering.....
It states you can gain 2 to 3mpg. It does this by giving you a complete fuel burn in the cylinders. I really don't know yet due to just having installed it. You have a couple of ways to set it up. You can set it up for towing where the Propane doesn't start to flow until around 10psi or you can set it up for performance where it comes on at 2psi. Guess which one I have it set on. . I am learning a lot about it now thanks to Quadzilla. I think transmission upgrades are next.
Hope to get pictures in the gallery for those that are interested.

Last edited by Fordafied; 07-14-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Junior User

twildman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your definately going to need some tranny upgrades to hold the increase in power, also if your running a chip, then you will want to be very careful on how much pane you introduce, because more than likely the chip will have some advance in the timing, and with propane, that automatically will advance the timing, so you want to listen for detonation very closely, and don't let the drugs flow to freely until you are sure of the programming.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twildman
Your definately going to need some tranny upgrades to hold the increase in power, also if your running a chip, then you will want to be very careful on how much pane you introduce, because more than likely the chip will have some advance in the timing, and with propane, that automatically will advance the timing, so you want to listen for detonation very closely, and don't let the drugs flow to freely until you are sure of the programming.
Any new news on the programming I spoke with you about?
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Junior User

twildman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will get it worked out for you one way or another, I am runnig a real sweet tow burn, I have tweaked it a few times and it is just about there, one little shift issue to work out and it will be done, and from there building the extreme is not a problem.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:09 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
propan, propane, truck