Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Junior User

Ron Kelley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile watkins glen camping??

Hello New York chapter! I am from North East Ohio and was thinking about loading up the truck camper and visiting your area this september for vaccation this year. Very interested in camping in and around the Watkins Glen area. My wife and I have heard that it is fabulous area to visit. Could some of you reply back with some good camp grounds to use. We are looking for clean restrooms(flush toilets for the wife), large shady spots and close to hiking trails and good views.

We would appreciate good info on the area.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Was going to send you an email..but admin. says you don't want any. Spruce Row is about 20 miles from Watkins near Cayuga Lake 607-387-9225. There are a lot of others, try a search on Seneca Lake (Watkins) campgrounds or Cayuga Lake campgrounds. There are also a lot of wine making and tours in the area.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Just did a search on "Watkins Glen NY Campgrounds" there are plenty...enjoy your vacation, George
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 07-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Junior User

Sorry about the email.

George,
My email is fyrefyghter13@alltel.net.

Have you stayed at any of the campgrounds there? If so how would you rate the experience? I am particulary interested in having a shady campground do not like camping in a field with no privacy and no shelter from mr. sun.

Thanks for the info I will call the number you gave me tomorrow and talk to them also.

RJK
Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Junior User

Well the email in the post didn't work lets see if I can update the profile. Sorry
Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 AM