Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Mega cab on its way

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 04:34 AM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mega cab on its way

After years of talking about it. It has arrived. http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2006...ega/page1.html

Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
I am not saying this because I drive a Ford, I just really dislike their styling of their trucks....the more room we’ll we can all use that

Old 07-10-2005, 06:48 AM
bumpzter
Senior User
Next the'll make the cabs as big as the frame. What a great idea. Then they'll have .....................No! Wait. Large SUVs are already here.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:17 AM
blackf3504dr
Elder User
What's with the "swept back" look on the head lights that all the newer vehicles are coming out with ? It seems the head lights are getting bigger with each redesign and in my opinion getting uglier !

Old 07-10-2005, 08:08 AM
prcrboy
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, look at the numbers! The SD beat it in EVERY category except rear leg room. Although 3 inches of leg room is alot, so is 3 inches of hip room in that same seat.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would rather have my legs cramped and have more room for my rear-end than to be able to stretch out and have a big, hairy, smelly co-worker brushing up against me with his everymove. Besides, if it keeps going, I'm going to wind up wider than taller anyway! ha.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:36 AM
bumpzter
Senior User
Originally Posted by prcrboy
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would rather have my legs cramped and have more room for my rear-end than to be able to stretch out and have a big, hairy, smelly co-worker brushing up against me with his everymove. Besides, if it keeps going, I'm going to wind up wider than taller anyway! ha.
Good luck picking different co-orkers.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:30 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with the looks of that thing.Eeewwww.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 AM
sinister73
Elder User
As far as struggling with the look on the new front end on these 2006 Rams - I am.
Overall I think they make rather attractive trucks, but this new front end I may never get used to. I'm kinda worried about Ford in this way also. As of right now Ford makes the most attractive truck on the road IMO, and I wonder how much they may end up screwing it up by integrating more of the Tonka look in the 2007's. Might be enough to make the Dodge front end look attractive again - let's hope not.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:24 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
The upside here is we have Chevy too- and they've got nowhere to go but up when they restyle that nose.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Musclecar_Fan
Senior User
The face lift on the Ram for 06 is still growing on me. I don't mind the grill, but the headlights will take some getting used to. The styling changes are small compared to what they did to the rest of the truck. The rest of the body is virtually the same. Some interior changes were made as well. Along with the addition of the MegaCab option.

Here is a link to the details, and some more pics.

There will be a complete redesign for the Ram in 2008.

Best as always.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:54 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Heh, remember when the Ram went to the new design in 94'. People either loved them, or hated them too. Tastes change. I'll keep my SD though, that thing (Dodge) is ugly!

Old 07-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Wrenchtraveller
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Like usual Dodge is too little,too late. The megacab only comes in a Short box which for Dodge is 6'3". Ford CC comes in both, 8' box and 6' 10" short box.
Also In 05 Dodge only had the 9900 GVW in a SRW. You could not find that info in the Dodge brochure as only dually info was given for GVWR. Someone I know just bought an 05 Dodge and was pretty surprized when I opened his driver door and showed him the 9900. I then showed him the 11200 on the SRW truck in my sig. I don't know about 06 but I don't think Dodge will have the big GVWR increase that soon but with all the due diligence stuff happening all makes will keep making their trucks haul more legally to avoid another cash cow for the Lawyers and insurance companies to feed on

Old 07-10-2005, 04:10 PM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ughhh!!! Where do I start? Dodge had a good thing with that '94 restyle, then they decided to run the whole thing into the ground. That front end I will NEVER like. whats with the hood sloped so much, and the headlights? It just does not look like a truck. the whole RAM image is pretty well gone now. Not too mention, the Ford crewcab was better in almost all categories, and still manages to look good. Dodge must have hired some old GM employess when they re-designed this RAM contraption they have.
Polar, I'm not so sure that GM only has good places to go. Remember that Cheyenne concept truck they had last yr?(might have been 2 yrs ago) If thats the direction they want to take, then you can count on more sales loss from GM.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:07 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,972 Likes on 1,107 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrenchtraveller
The megacab only comes in a Short box which for Dodge is 6'3".
Hey, shortboxes work good for the soccer moms that need to get groceries and can't bear to be seen in a station wagon or minivan (when that's all they really need). Completely useless for anything else.

Cody

Oh yeah, want ugly headlights? Look at a new z-body Malibu and tell me that those aren't hideous!!!

Old 07-10-2005, 07:54 PM
superdutyspv
Senior User
I do NOT like the looks of Dodges!! They are getting uglier and uglier!!

Quick Reply: Mega cab on its way