Sponsored by:

RANCHO lift kit question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
d_ballance
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RANCHO lift kit question

would like to buy a 4" suspention kit for my 1996 Eddie B bronco...

i bought my 1990 with a 4" kit all ready installed so buying this one, and getting it installed is new for me....

looks like if i buy the kit online i can save about $300.00 (on the kit) and have it professionally installed locally....

is there ANY advantage to buying the kit from the installer? i would assume that the kit i'm buying online would have all i would need correct? (with new radius arms)

if i read the contents of the lift package right, the only other things i'll need are the 4 front shocks...

thx everyone!

dballance
Seattle, Wa.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
are you stuck on rancho? you might check 4wheelcustom.com . they have some great prices and a special on Tuff country right now. i bought my procomp from there and got a great deal shipped to my door. it was a stage II 6" with AAL and extended radius arms, brake lines ,drop pitman arm,shocks , even the camber bushings needed when lifting the TTB. who are you having install the lift? not 4wheelparts right?

Old 07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What is the cost of the kit on the internet? Which, kit is it, just the kit, or the system. The kit wouldn't have new radius arms.

Buying from the installer isn't worth it, unless you get some deal with them, to buy with them and they give you a brake on labor cost.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:24 PM
d_ballance
Junior User
$1028.00

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=725 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" noWrap>Suspension Kit

Chassis 4WD

SKU: RS6570 </TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Primary Suspension System, Raises Vehicle 3" - 4" Front And 3" Rear, Vehicles With Radius Arms, Includes Add-A-Leaf. Bump Stop Spacer, U-Clamp Spring/Cap, Sub-Assembly, Brackets, Red</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
and i'll have central 4 wheel drive or TCs offroad here in seattle do the install

dballance
Seattle, Wa.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
my 6" system was less then that and i got way more .

What are you looking to use your rig for? cruzer or offroad or little both?

Old 07-06-2005, 04:02 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I agree, that's way to expensive. I could buy a 6" lift with new leaf springs, and brake line, radius arm drop brakets, coil springs, 14 piece c bushing set, etc, for $800 tops.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Originally Posted by MBBFord
Yeah I agree, that's way to expensive. I could buy a 6" lift with new leaf springs, and brake line, radius arm drop brakets, coil springs, 14 piece c bushing set, etc, for $800 tops.
thats for a 78-79 bronco/f150 they are cheaper hehe

but for sure there are far better lifts for that price or cheaper . the tuff country or rough country lifts are good lifts and are about 600-700 complete

Old 07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
d_ballance
Junior User
Originally Posted by Kemicalburns
my 6" system was less then that and i got way more .

What are you looking to use your rig for? cruzer or offroad or little both?
little of both... nothing TOO heavy off road for awhile

i guess its the brand name and the fact that the last bronco we had also had a rancho 4" lift...

i just don't want to buy a kit here online, and then take it to the installer and have them start telling me i need "this" and "that" which weren't included in the kit i bought online...

in a perfect world i could buy the kit online, then take the kit and the new shocks and have them installed and not be paying the installer the $300-$500 they tack onto the price of the suspention kit

dballance
Seattle, Wa.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
its gonna cost 300-600 to have the lift installed unless you do the work yourself.

i highly suggest you check out that website i mentioned earlier. for that price you will get a real good lift with everything you need, i mean everything.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:02 PM
d_ballance
Junior User
thx will do....

now off to look for an online instructions to see if i can replace this plasti-chrome headlight trim

dballance
Seattle, Wa.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
sweed
New User
I have a 1992 Bronco with a 302 that has 300,000 on the clock. I bought a Rancho 4" lift with radius arms from 4WheelParts several years ago. I looked at the other lifts and talked to several 4X4 shops before settling on Rancho. I don't know how you drive your Bronco, mine is a daily driver. Rancho engineers thier lifts to ride and handle like a stock suspension and still be able to 4 wheel with the best of them. My Bronco has been airborne more times than my wife knows about and my Rancho suspension has not let me down. The front tires (33-12.50 BFG All Ter)wear better after the lift than when it was stock. My wife claims it handles and rides better than stock and she hates "THAT BRONCO". 6" lifts are very hard on u-joints, I have not any u-joint related problems.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
sweed thats great that you have had good luck with your rancho kit. we never said rancho was bad just overpriced in todays market. there are a lot of kits out there that will put up with the same amount of abuse you have given your bronco. a 6" is not any harder on ujoints then a 4" lift is and with proper maintanence will last just as long. it all comes down to personal preference and what your pocket will allow. also what your use for the vehicle is.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:50 PM
sweed
New User
Kemicalburns,
I was just throwing in my two cents worth. I'm not bashing other lifts, I have owned 4X4's with other brands of lifts and just like the Rancho better. I agree price wise, Rancho is proud of their products. Another reason I went with Rancho on my Bronco, 4WheelParts had a special, FREE INSTALL with a Rancho lift. Free install is hard to beat!!

Old 07-14-2005, 05:06 PM
d_ballance
Junior User
schweeeeeeeet !! i'd jump at a promotion like that

they must be a local shop to you?

dballance
Seattle, Wa.

Originally Posted by sweed
Kemicalburns,
I Another reason I went with Rancho on my Bronco, 4WheelParts had a special, FREE INSTALL with a Rancho lift. Free install is hard to beat!!

Old 07-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
4wheelparts wholesales are bad. most if not all of there mechanics are not ASE Certified. I wouldnt even step thru there door.

Quick Reply: RANCHO lift kit question