Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Chapter Meets Planning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
What do you have for a sound system?

If needed (and if it works out all right) I can bring about two to four hundred watts of sound.

I can't access the planning forum, so I don't know.

~Greywolf
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Postmaster

FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.
bringin a headunit that pumps out 200ish, with a couple of 10 inch subs beatin out 450 watts.

Ryan
Old 07-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
I think I have that beat. Got a system that likes to take out the breakers to the garage - two Technics LX-90's, and a sub box that can take around 300 watts by itself. Main amp is a theater surround I picked up at a pawn shop some years ago and the whole setup carries for a quarter mile even though its at the back of the garage.

I at least have your volume equalled - they could be slaved together...

Dunno how much wire and cable I have around, but have got at least 175' of extension cord. One 100', a fifty, and possibly another fifty...

Talk to me! I luv this s**t...

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-06-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Postmaster

FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.
oh, when I was building my system about a year ago, I was piecing it together one at a time. I tripped over my 'used' headunit. It was about 3 months broken in from a guy I worked with. Worked great for 50 bucks! So I started to put some new speakers in to improve the quality of sound instead of those paper factory ones. I put a few pioneer 200W each small speakers in the front. Then I put a few cheap lighting audio 5x8 I think in the back. (whatever size that was, I can't recall) Anyway, I got to really wanting some low notes.
I went through a series of upgrades, and found myself satisfied with a 2 lighting audio 10 inch 350w subs and 1 lightning audio 450w amp. Any louder, and I wouldn't enjoy the sound, so I'm not too concerned. My box looks awesome though. check my gallery.

Ryan
Old 07-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

It looks like my truck is staying home now - mileage issues. Oops, oh well.
Sounds like you have it well handled though.

~Wolf
Old 07-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Post Fiend

fordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to behold
i have a pretty killer system as well,

pioneer cd player with a dell mp3 player hooked in (no interfercence)
2 audiobahn 10 subs and audiobahn amp, took second and first in my only 2 competions i went to as a novice system
Old 07-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Postmaster

cool. what's it take to be a 'novice'? What kind of watts do you have going to the subs?

Ryan
Old 07-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Post Fiend

fordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to behold
im running 300 total, to be a novice u have to only spend so much and have a small amount of watts

Matt
Old 07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Post Fiend

pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
patfogle DaPocky
I have a set of roadmaster 10s (wal mart $50) with a 110watt Optimus amp. These things sound good... I have friends that are impressed with them... I would have liked to spend more on them, but life doesn't work that way.. Kicker makes a nice sub, and they don't need a lot of power to drive them.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Post Fiend

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=393638
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
Talking

I have a Eclipse cd player with 8 amp outputs hooked to a Phonix Gold titanium 450-4 channel amp. Its driving a set of MB Quart 3 way components with the tweets & 4 inch in Qforms & the 6.5s in the doors. I have 2 JLaudio 8inch DVC w3s in a Qform sub box under the back seat. My planned upgrades are adding 2 more subs a second Phonis 450 amp & a 1 fariad cap on the amp running the subs. & a 215 Phonix Gold EG, crossover & linedriver that puts out 16 volts to the amps. Plus I plan to add some Boston Pro silk dome tweeters on the top of my doors or in my ac vents to raise my sound stage. I have all the parts I just need to get off my tail & install it. I plan to dynomatt the whole interior when I add this gear. I have enough to cover the entire cab.
I'm a stereo nut I guess. I've won a couple of first place wins in usac sound quality contest as a novice in the 150 watt class & one time in the 500 watt class when I was running 3 mtx amps & boston pro 3 way components
Old 07-18-2005, 08:07 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
So are all of you guys bringing your sound systems to the National Meet ?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Post Fiend

pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
patfogle DaPocky
I wish I could... But with money bein tight I can't make it.. I have to go to a wedding in st louis the 23rd...
Old 07-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
I doubt I'l make this meet. I can't seem to fix my F150.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh I thought you were all bringing you systems because of the forum this is in ?

You guys do have some potent suff though.

The biggest I ever used were 2 pair of Peavy Sp-5's with a 1000w amp behind them.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Chapter Meets Planning