General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Favorite beer....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:11 PM
SpeederMurdoch
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favorite beer....

My garage is where I drink the most beer! What's your favorite? My current favorite is Genessee Cream Ale, which I consume in spades....

Last edited by Torque1st; 07-05-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 07-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
I don't know if I could have a favorite beer, there are so many good ones. Of my favorites are Budweiser, Michelob, Killians Irish Red and St. Pauli's Girl.

- Chris

Old 07-05-2005, 06:24 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeederMurdoch
My garage is where I drink the most beer! What's your favorite? My current favorite is Genessee Cream Ale, which I consume in spades....
What ever beer you have in your garage, I'll drink. Just kidding.

I like Heineken.

I usually get the 30 pack of Miller MGD when I go camping/fishing.

I still want to try my hand at home brewing.

Just have to get off my **** and brew it.

Last edited by sierraben; 07-05-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ok, heres a good time to ask. i haven't found a beer yet that i like. pretty much nasty stuff. i'm more of a whiskey fan, but want somethign cool to drink, such as beer. only one i've come even close to liking was a Bud Select. i don't like corona, bud, Dos XX, MGD. i guess its jsut the bitter taste. any ideas? i'm told the Ale's have a better taste.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah. . . Beer. THE Breakfast of Champions!!! How many of us can say that they have eaten Wheaties with Budweiser on 'em at Oh - Dark - Thirty in the morning??? I have!

Rolling Rock (First taste of beer at the ripe old age of 18!)
Bud
Miller
Schlitz
Michelob
Stroh's (Yuck! Gave me a headache!)

Back to Bud
Back to Rolling Rock
Tequiza
Corona (Tasted my first one last year.)

Bud
Rolling Rock.

Finally decided that water was better for me.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by RedStroker6
ok, heres a good time to ask. i haven't found a beer yet that i like. pretty much nasty stuff. i'm more of a whiskey fan, but want somethign cool to drink, such as beer. only one i've come even close to liking was a Bud Select. i don't like corona, bud, Dos XX, MGD. i guess its jsut the bitter taste. any ideas? i'm told the Ale's have a better taste.
WATER?. LOL. I guess just keep on trying all different kinds of beer and go from there.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of whiskey do you drink?

Old 07-05-2005, 06:38 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Jack for the good stuff, Canadian Mist for the cheap. Crown on special occasion. the Canadian Mist and the Crown are KILLER after being the freezer. no sharp bite or anything. i do drink my fair share of water....rare to see me without a Bill Millers BBQ mug or "super co-pilot" mug in hand...

Old 07-05-2005, 06:40 PM
nmford
Senior User
Amber ales would probably work for you. My favorite at the moment is alien amber by sierra blanca brewing company. It is a very smooth beer.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FREE is my favorite ,but if I buy it myself,it is michelob ultra,no such thing as a diet beer,but this one does about the least amount of damage on my one night a week I drink,now that i am losing weight

Old 07-05-2005, 06:55 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpeederMurdoch
...What's your favorite? My current favorite is Genessee Cream Ale, which I consume in spades....
Murdoch, let me know when you need a case (please note my location.. )

I'm a beer snob. Sam Adams, Grolsch, Guinness Extra Stout are a few of my favorites. Miller, Bud, Coors are all just something that RESEMBLES beer...

Old 07-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
"Dom Brau" (if you can find it)
Stienlager
Sierra Nevada
Home brew

Most of the rest is sort of the same, or I think so. Domestic beer in the USA is carbonated rice liquor, it isn't even aged - and if you believe 'AHB' it isn't supposed to be!

I've got news - I have had "aged" Budweiser before. It had been stored in a CON-EX box at Diego Garcia for who knows how long.

"Yechkkkk...."

(the above yuck is intended to be prounounced with a 'glottal' sound, and appropriate gut churning motions)

I suspect if AHB were straight up about it they would have to say that Bud deteriorates over time. Figure the chances they would express it that way? BORN ON DATE = "Drink it quick, before it rots..."

True beer gets better over time!

~Wolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-05-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:00 PM
maticuno
Posting Guru
I'm currently on a Dos Equis kick. I like German beer, and I like Mexican beer. Dos Equis is a Mexican beer made by a German brewmaster. Doesn't get much better than that.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:05 PM
TWolf
Elder User
On the rare occasion that my wife allow's me to drink a beer. I like the ales. Moose Drool, Pig's *** Porter, Fat Tire. But I don't very much.

Tom

It doesn't mix very well with pain pills.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:08 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Jack for the good stuff, Canadian Mist for the cheap. Crown on special occasion. the Canadian Mist and the Crown are KILLER after being the freezer. no sharp bite or anything. i do drink my fair share of water....rare to see me without a Bill Millers BBQ mug or "super co-pilot" mug in hand...
I also like JD and Wild Turkey.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
I love talking about beer, and then redstroker6 brings whiskey into the equation...I'm getting thirsty. For beer, I don't have a favorite, just 'go-to guys'. Yuengling Lager is always a good one, so is Amstel Light. One of my favorite "microbrews" is Blue Moon. It's actually made by Coors now, but it has amazing flavor. Here in Philly, we have a lot of brew pubs, breweries and little shops where you can make your own six pack. Nothing is better then going out and trying new beers. I don't like the regular plain jane beers, but I will drink a Miller Light occassionally, and a Coors Light when it's reeeeeal hot out and you're outside working. But I would suggest to anyone to just go out, and try something new everytime.

As for whiskies...I do have a favorite. It's scotch but still whiskey--Johnny Walker Black. With a little bit of ginger ale, it's heaven. They make other labels too, like the Red Label (lowest tier), the Gold Label (next one up from Black, and is awesome) and Blue Label. Blue Label is the best, and it's the best liquid that's ever been bottled. I have a bottle here, but it's my special occassion scotch. If you drank sip of Blue, you'd never drink Jack again. And of course, you can never go wrong with Jameson.

Quick Reply: Favorite beer....