Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

For all of you Foggers...

Old 01-10-2003, 02:27 AM
Racerdave
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have came up with a cure for windshield fog... I know everyone out there has had to wipe off there windows sometime. Get a spray bottle that sprays a fine fine mist (I used a Body spray bottle) Stole it from my fiancee, there was just a little bit left in it.... Make sure you clean it out really well to get out all of whatever was in the bottle, depending on the size of the bottle mix it with a mixture of baby oil and water, I used a small 8 fl.Oz. bottle and filled it up 7/8's of the way and put the oil in the rest. Shake it up and spray a thin coat all ofer the inside or your windows, wipe it around with a clean paper towel, and dry the windows.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:51 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks Racer, I have been using Rain-X but this would be a whole lot cheaper.

Thanks for using FTE!

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID75&conf=genconf |Garage and Shop] Forum
[link:www.ford-trucks.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID116&conf=DCConf ID9|Ranger] Forum
[link:www.ford-trucks.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID91&conf=DCConfI D12|1973-1979 Ford trucks] Forum
[link:www.ford-trucks.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID93&conf=DCConfI D8|1997-2003 F150 and E150 Forum]
[font color=red]As a Moderator I do not "Subscribe" to most topics,
please send email/pm if you need a reply -Thanks![/font]

-

Old 01-10-2003, 12:44 PM
sparky
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have had good luck with shampoo, specifically "head and shoulders", on the windows. Just put a dab on a cloth diluted it with water a little to make it spread better. Then wipe it on a let it mist over and polish it off. Lasts for quite a while, depending on the amount of moisture.
I had been using this for a number of years on the visor on my hockey helmet and it didnt steam up, so I figured what the heck
If you use "head and shoulders" the added bonus is your truck doesnt get dandruff

Sparky

Old 01-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Racerdave
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem, And as for how I found out. I go and play paintball and when you wear your mask and it is sealed well arround your eyes it tends to fog up fast, and as for the head and shoulders, I tryed that in my mask, didnt work as well last as long and it burns if you have it in there for a while. The baby oil is cheap like he said "cheaper than rain x" and it has no smell to it when you apply it correcly. You would think somone would have already came up with an anti fog that is cheap and works well.... Dumb marketing people... money...money money...

Old 01-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts