Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Freshman User

AlbanyHDTV is starting off with a positive reputation.
2003 Expedition master keypad code

I bought my 2003 Expedition EB at an auto auction. It didn't have the wallet card with the owner's manual that listed the master code.

Yesterday, I went to METRO Ford in upstate NY to get some warranty work done...minor things with the mirrors & locks. I asked the service tech to find me the master code for the keypad and he wrote it up on the service request. He presented the service request to me for my signature and I noticed a $40 charge for what I thought would be all warranty work (free). I asked what the $40 charge was for, and he replied to look up the master lock code on the computer. I said, "You've got to be kidding me!! $40???" and then told him to forget it when he insisted that was the charge.

Later that night, I found this site on the web when I Googled "2003 Ford Expedition keypad code" and found a thread that said where I could find the master code inside my vehicle.

Since my X was at the dealer at the time, I couldn't look to see if the code was there. So, I asked the service tech (different guy) when I picked my car about the location of the code in the X and he said, "Ford stopped placing them on the box inside their vehicles in 2002." I told him I thought is was ridiculus to charge $40 to retrieve the code, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

Once I got my X home, I found the code a reprogrammed the personal code into the truck via the keypad, as it states in the owner's manual. I wanted to start this thread and post some photos to make it easy for everyone to find and possibly save them some ca$h.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you, ford-trucks.com for saving me $40...and shame on you, METRO Ford!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Freshman User

jakermc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Print this thread, send it to the service manager, and let him know he just lost your business and alienated everyone on this website. Bad business practices are a dangerous game to play in the world of the internet. Word spreads fast ....
Old 07-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Senior User

BigDASH is starting off with a positive reputation.
On the first Gen they are under the drivers side behind the parking brake.

2000, Estate Green, EB Expo, 5.4, 4x4, Tow Pack
Old 07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Freshman User

I will be sending a letter with a copy of this post to the METRO Ford Service Manager. I'll post again if I hear anything back.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Freshman User

JayS is starting off with a positive reputation.
You might want to photoshop that image to blur out your number. You never know who's watching on the web.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:56 PM
New User

bombero21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man, I'm so glad I found this... because my service guy here in Jacksonville, Fl told me the same thing except they wanted to charge me 80 bucks to get mine subtracted from my computer.. .blah blah blah. THANKS you just saved me 80 big ones. Now I got my own code. THanks again.S
Old 08-17-2005, 01:06 PM
New User

jakesteeed is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks alot i am sure this will come in handy one day !!!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:09 PM
New User

XLTinRHODY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Remember your own new code does not change the master code. It's still active and useable.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Freshman User

The METRO Ford Customer Relations manager contacted me yesterday (nearly 2 months after I sent a letter) and asked me to forward him a copy of the letter I sent the Service Manager. Apparently, the Service Manager did nothing with it and the Customer Relations manager only found out about my disappointment from Ford HQ because I gave them a poor rating when Ford HQ contacted me about my recent service visit.

I'll follow up with another post when I hear back from the METRO Ford Customer Relations manager.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Elder User

yardbird is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wanted to revive this thread with my experience. I recently purchased my Expy used, but not from the dealership where I bought my last two vehicles I still own.

While having the one I bought new serviced Friday, I asked the SR about getting the code for my keypad. He was a different SR than I usually see, but he did know I was a regular customer, and the vehicle I was standing beside to have serviced was bought there new. He had no idea I did not buy the Expy there, he assumed I did, as he never asked.

He said that I would have to bring the 03 Expy in to have the code pulled from the computer. When I questioned this he said this was the only way. I said I would just wait as it wasn't worth an hours labor, as I would probably never use it anyway.

My owners manual says if the code is lost to contact the dealer. It says nothing of where to look for it.

After reading this post, and looking at AlbanyHDTV's informative pictures, I went out and found the code in less than 30 seconds. Thank you very much.

When I return to the local Ford dealer I will be sure to thank him for all his help in retrieving my keypad code. The only thing he wanted to retrieve was an hours labor.

Thanks to everyone who helps someone else on this forum. Since I have been a member I have saved untold dollars, and learned information that the average person would never be able to access. All for free, unless you decide to become a supporter, which I recently did to help make sure this great site stays open.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Senior User

kanertop is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just wanted to chime in and say that thie code can still be found in this location through at least model year '05. Thank you for reposting, I was looking for this information.

2005 Expedition, EB, 5.4L V-8, 4wd
Old 01-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Freshman User

I just posted another question on a different topic, and I checked to see if anyone made any comments since I published these photos back in June 2005. Glad to see that bobmero21 and yardbird both saved some money. I still shake my head when I think how the dealers are trying to rip us off for $40-$50 instead of just telling their customers where to find the code.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:37 AM
New User

wgm5286 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Someone is now selling the location information on Ebay for $20.00.

Amazing what people will buy LOL
Old 02-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Freshman User

Here a link to the auction. Unbelievable! I could be raking in the bucks!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 PM
New User

foxbodyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for saving me $$ on my 03 Expo
Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 PM