Mixing wvo, will it work this way

Old 06-25-2005, 02:00 PM
kc2006
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mixing wvo, will it work this way

I have a 96 f250 and I'm going to start running WVO in her. At first I was going to start making biodiesel (with lye and methanol) but it seems like too much work for me, at least for now while I'm busy with other things.

After reading fordnut74's old posts of how he would run 50/50, 75/25 or even 100% WVO in the summer I'm starting to think of doing like he did. Even at 50/50 I would be paying about 1.20 or less a gallon which is perfectly fine with me. I can't seem to find fordnut74 around here much lately, anyone know where he is? I'd like to run just the mix like he was. Has anyone else done this?

My plan was to strain the oil when I first bring it to my house and then let it sit for a week, strain it threw a filter with a 5micron then 2 micron filter to get all the little impurities out and put her in. Will this work ok? Anyone doing it any differently with just mixing, i'm open to new ideas.

I can't seem to find too much info on just mixing, seems like all the websites want you to start making bio diesel instead.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:46 PM
MasterTrim
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there!

I run the mix. I have an 03 TDI and 96 F350. I had been running 50/50 in the Jetta then heard some horror stories about the mix. You can read about WVO/diesel blends here: http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/ubb..../779109598/p/1
Read throught the whole thing, it can get a little technical, but, more people chime in at the end.
Basicly some diesel fuels around the country can put somekind of additives in the fuel which can pull the waxes out of the oil so it's not miscible, which can cause some problems, to say the least. I personally havn't had any.

After I read somemore on it I decided to run a mix with Kerosene. I'm running 70/30 WVO to Kero. I live in MN so, the mixure depends on climate. Mybe I could run 90/10, who knows, I'll have to experiment.
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/ubb....3498#697103498

Your plane to filter seems good but what are you doing about water in the oil?

Search this Thread