Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Senior User

MineralStang is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Desperate for help with my electrical/ignition issues....

Hey everybody,
Look up my username and you will see how many posts I have on these forums about the electrical/ignition issue on my '76 F-250 390. I tried to fix this issue for two months and then I had the shop that put my new motor in look at the truck for the past two and a half weeks and they couldn't fix it either. I just got a call from them and they are throwing in the towel. I have now spent over $4000 in the motor and all new accessories and I have driven the truck a total of 100 miles since I purchased it last fall. I'm now desperate and am pleading to the Colorado guys. Does anyone know a shop that knows the Duraspark system well and could help me out? Any options that anyone knows of that I could possibly use? PLEASE help me. Thank you.

Nate
Old 06-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Posting Guru

ceetwarrior is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have no clue about the duraspark systems but if you are having that much trouble maybe you should go back to good old points?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Posting Guru

qman is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you live in Colorado Springs give Otto's Automotive a call and ask them. Butch is the owner and is a good fella. He and his mechanics have been there for years and probably remember these old trucks.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Senior User

MineralStang is starting off with a positive reputation.
That sounds like a great option....

But unfortunately, I live in Centennial so thats probably out of the question. Thank you very much for your reply though.

Nate
Old 06-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Nate. I know little about the DuraSpark but let me share my ignition history... I too just dropped a hot 390 into my 65 F100. I grabbed a DuraSpark distributor and coil out of the bone yard. Instead of using the DSII box, I went with the GM HEI module and wired it in. So far, I too have about 100 miles on the truck (around the neighbor hood a few times..) and have not had problem uno. If you want to give it a try, I can dig up the thread from here.

Just a few $.01's (that's all I have left) --Mike
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 06-26-2005, 06:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter