2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleen wheels on today

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 12:23 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kleen wheels on today

I just put Kleen-Wheels on my truck. I really don’t have a dust problem, but there is always a little, and I didn’t enjoy putting harsh chemicals on my wheels/tires. I also was not able to clean the wide area of the wheel on the inside. Way to much work to get under the truck, etc.
So I decided to try the Kleen-wheels.
They are made of thin aluminum, and are supposed to fit tightly inside the wheel. I don’t know if I like the looks of them, but I didn’t like the looks of the dirt on the inside of my rims very much either…
So I used rotating the tires as an excuse, and put the Kleen-wheels on all four wheels. The back ones are for 17 inch wheels, and don’t fit as snug. You can’t see it the difference, but it is there. They cost me ten bucks new, the fronts were about forty with shipping. I admit I used the cheaper ones just to see if they would work. For ten bucks, I didn’t really care. They work, but it takes a couple seconds longer to put them on, as I was careful to ‘center’ them before tightening down the lugs. The front ones, being the correct ones for the wheel, just popped in and forget it.

I think I like the look, now that they are on. I stupidly didn’t wax the Kleen-wheels when I had them out. I will just wax them when I do the truck again.

I did clean and NXT wax the rims when they were off, and put dressing on the tires.
I then drove about twenty miles, hot-rodding the truck, and using the brakes a lot. Hard stops, a little quick cornering, and more hard stops.
Some excuse is better than none…
Anyway, after the twenty abusive miles, the rims still look like I just waxed them. There were a couple of bugs stuck on the left front, but no dust, road dirt, etc.

I think I will keep these on the truck. Less work to do when cleaning her up
Chris

Old 06-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris, I think they look great.I have heard they are excellent for keeping brake dust off the rims.I may get some someday.Good Luck! Oh, is that a new Magnaflow under there?

Old 06-21-2005, 11:26 AM
TX-Import
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Chris,

This may be a day late and a dollar short but I saw on Trucks (TV show) that you can now get the dust shields in a polished stainless so that they look like your calipers. You may want to do a search there if you are looking for a more of a highlighted look. Hope it helps.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:38 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting. On my truck, which is Silver, I am going with black to match my Tonneau, STX trim, vent visors, etc.
That does sound nice for the right truck.
Chris