As you've probably noticed the Chapters have been moved into larger regional sections.
This solves a couple of problems and gives us some new stuff to work with
1. Cleans up the main forum listing. It was getting huge.
2. Allows us to manage and display the Chapters like an idependent version of the forums. If you want an example of what I mean: go to the top menu bar (Home, Forums, Galleries, Articles/Info, etc.). Click "Members" then "Chapters". You'll see all the chapters presented like their own forum!
3. Allows us to more readily see which regions are lacking in chapter support.
4. ??? We'll figure out more stuff as we go!
Along these lines, we have a problem with the High Plains Chapter. It fits into two regional sections. I believe if we split it up into individual state chapters and move each to the proper place they'll get the support they need. Likewise, some of the chapters such as the Mid-West chapter can probably best serve its members by splitting into state chapters.
At first I didn't like it but then when my finger didn't get cramps from scrolling so far it kind of grew on me. The only suggestion/idea I have is that is it possible to make the chapters links instead of just words where the are?
Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapters
Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C.
Instead of the Delaware, Maryland, etc just being words, make them links so people don't HAVE to click on Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapters then click their chapter.
Just a suggestion. But I like the new way. I give it 2 thumbs up.
Since the chapters are now grouped by region I would suggest that each state be separate within the region. There would seem to no longer be a need for grouped states. Along those lines I would also suggest that each region receive a regional forum along with the individual state forums. This would help in the following ways.
1. Give a central place for the region members to go and discuss or assist others within their region.
2. Allow a place for members from states that do not have a chapter to still go and feel they are part of the region without having to join another state.
4. Allow non represented states to have a spot to group and eventually create their own chapter.
5. Make a place to talk about possible regional events, G2G's or just regional activities.
6. Allow for states to interact with others in their region without feeling like they are interloping on another states territory.
That is my 2-cents on the new set-up. I think it is a good idea and taken a hair further could really boost chapter and inter-chapter activity.
WOW, i've been slacking , i've been caught up in a thing at another ford sight i check out every so often thats had a recent major change in a chater , but yeah i myself like this new setup great idea.
After looking through some of the chapters and what not, how bout having a general forum for the region, and at the top of the page keep the links to the individual chapters themselves?
Any condisreration to a region leader of sorts as well with this new layout, to help with getting word out of bad posts and geting info to mods to help spread the work load a bit?
__________________ Cody, Calgary AB 82' Flareside: 2/4 Drop, 350hp 351W, Custom interior 81' 250 mudder: home fabbed lift & dana 60 SAS , 450hp 400, 4sp/205, 38" tsl's
Last edited by mustange70; 06-20-2005 at 02:36 AM.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.