Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Posting Guru

tmcalavy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Is tailgate down legal in OK?

I've got to haul some furniture from OK back to Tejas this weekend. It won't hang off the tailgate but it long enough that I need to have the gate down. Is it legal or illegal to drive with the tailgate down in OK? Just want to know what to be prepared for if the Smokies give me the skunk eye.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I see all kinds of people driving around with it down, and I myself have never been hassled for it. as a matter of fact...the only thing I've ever heard even closely relating to this is that in OK you have to have a flag on anything protruding more than 4 ft past your tail lights. so I am sure you'll do fine, if you get hassled, then just state the obvious...you're from outa state.

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 06-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
I believe that the technical "law" says that you must be able to see the tag... though nobody should give you any trouble so long as your load is secured... and... as Ken said, if it hangs off the back, you need to have a red flag (towel... rag... whatever) attached to the end.

STan

Old 06-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Posting Guru

tmcalavy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
thanks guys...all went well and got to see some beautiful country around Sallisaw.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:10 PM