2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Wheel Spot/Streak Stains Need Removed?

Old 06-18-2005, 03:06 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have never had any luck on stains like this...especially with clear coted wheels...usually once the clear cote is damaged by chemicals its imposible to get them back to normal...even if you get the color of the stain closer to the original look they will still oxidize quicker than the rest of the wheel. your best bet may be to let a body shop try to get the stain out and immedietly clear cote the wheels. just my 2 cents.

good luck

Old 06-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Fellows, I just got back from a 731 mile trip to pick up the 18 inch Navigator chrome 8 spoke wheels with streaks and spots.The picture on ebay and another one they sent me did not look too bad, however I just spent 5.5 hours degreasing and scrubbing up these filthy wheels I bought.When advertised and talking to the seller the only thing that was supposed to be wrong with the wheels was a very few spots and stains.Well besides that the chrome is peeling on the back side pretty bad and there are a lot ot stains.When I went to pick them up it was pouring rain, a dog was climbing my door, the wheels and caps were in boxes.Based on everything going on around there I just paid for them and loaded them and left.If I had it to do over again I would not have bought them.The good news is they do not have peeling chrome on the front just a few small blisters in the corners.However, the supposedly worst wheel pictured on ebay and picture sent to me turned out to be the best one.I know that it is my own fault for buying them without thoroughly looking at them.I trusted the people.Anyway, I tried a lime deposit remover after degreasing and it did not phase the stains and spots.After I rest up I will try something else you all have recommended.Thank You Very Much for your help and if you think of anything else that will remove tough tough stains please let me know.Thanks Again!

Old 06-18-2005, 08:00 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do hope you give the e-bayer the bad feedback they deserve. I have bought about 90 items from e-bay, and on two I didn't feel they advertised it correctly. One gave me half the money back and I was satisfied, the other 100% of the money back, including shipping.
I won't buy from anyone with less than 98% positive feedback, and almost never from anyone with less than 20 feedbacks.

When I pay I only use paypal or a credit card, both of which give you leverage against the seller.

That said, I sure hope you can get these up to snuff.
Chris

Old 06-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a real eye opener.I have never been disappointed with ebay items or price.This time I got burned and I think you are never to old to learn a lesson.As for the wheels I am very disappointed and will try to make the best out of them.I just wanted to put some bling on my truck.I think I may look for another set though.Like MJEmerson said, sometimes the stains just won't come out.Thanks for the suggestions and ideas.I am thinking about writing the seller a letter.The more I think about this, I think I was scammed.The seller is a Ford dealership employee and had the crappy wheels in new Ford logo bxes and each cap had its own new box with logo.Even the description on the new boxes was accurate (except it did not say CRAP INSIDE).I think I will write and ask for part of my money back, it cannot hurt anything.I will keep you posted.Thanks Again!