2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new Lincoln "F -150" - 2006 Mark LT

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:00 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by piercede
Very sharp looking. Where did you get the stainless on the rocker panels at? I like the full look you have there.
Thank you for the complement. I am a bit **** about the fact that the rims and grille have arizona beige accents. I do wish they were chrome and silver only. I bought a stainless grille screen that I am waiting on currently, and that should finish it up... although chrome mirror covers may be ordered soon, too. On the black truck, the factory handles with chrome centers look close enough to the Mark LT that you have to do a double take. Good enough for me.

Back to your question, I bought them from Browns in Two Rivers, Wisconsin. They were $10 cheaper than Cabela's, and after I ordered, I found out they are both made by B&I. High quality and easy to put on... if you are very careful... STICKY. You also have to be careful you don't bent them as a crease will develop. I had a set of small four-year-old fingers helping and have a reminder of his help. Not a big deal, and the average Joe would never notice it. I have gotten alot of compliments so far.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 PM
transam396
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh man gleno you gotta see it its hystericalat first all you see is the boat floating in the water and the preppy lil fella standing there with his lil cutie and then the lt backs in and comes out with a escalade and a boat its very funny. good to see ford take a shot at someone everynow and then

Old 06-17-2005, 11:09 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Does anyone know if you can download this video somewhere by any chance?
I wouldn't mind watching it.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:22 AM
transam396
Senior User
Hey big that is one sweet falcon you've got, to bad they put the steering wheel on the wrong side . but on a serious note you might try the lincoln website they might have a way you can look at that video

Old 06-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
I am anxious to see the commercial. I looked on the Lincoln web site and did not see it. Good Luck!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:55 AM
navioasis
Junior User
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
The Blackwood was a bad idea and so is this.

Jim
i second that..

Old 06-20-2005, 07:08 AM
gregarobinson
Junior User
Wink

On your TV

Old 06-20-2005, 07:11 AM
gregarobinson
Junior User
SmokeWagon, couple of questions

SmokeWagun (Robert), looks like we have the same truck, except I have the tan leather interior and captains chairs.

Door handles, do you still get your code access (key in the 4 number code to unlock the door)?

Bug shield, does it really keep the windshield clean\clear of bugs?

Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 AM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
gregarobinson,
I only bought the center pieces of the chrome handles, but the keypad would still be functional even if I installed the complete chrome set-up. I bought them originally, but I thought there was too much chrome around the handles on a black truck, so I returned them and bought the handles only. If it were a light-colored truck, I probably would have installed the complete handles and escutcheons.
As far as the bug shield, I think it helps most who are "standard" height, but because I am 6'-5", it doesn't do much at the top six inches of windshield where I look out. It certainly does keep thechips out of the front of the hood, though.
By the way, nice truck. I have had tan leather in the last five F-250's, so I opted for a change and went black. Kinda like the change, but not sure if I'll do it again. It shows every dust speck... same with the exterior. And it's not as much the dust I don't like as it is the fine buffing scratches. It gets washed every weekend and chamoised off, but the fine scratches still develop. I may try Zaino's soon. I'm going to add some more pics to the gallery today. After I waxed her this weekend, she sure looked good. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:06 AM
piercede
Junior User
Thanks Smokewagon. I am glad to see those B&I are good quality. I actually ordered a set from Cabela's but they sent me the wrong set so I just returned them and didn't order another set. I still can't decide if I want to go with the stainless bottom since I have the FX4, so my bumpers are painted not crome. Not sure how that would look without the total wraparound crome. Does that place you bought yours from in Wisc. have a website or a phone number? I live in Iowa and might be able to make a trip up for them. Thanks.

I agree on the bug shield as well. I am 6'6" so the bugs still get in the way, but it has saved me many times from rock chips.

Old 06-20-2005, 09:43 AM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question on the door handles. Are they the covers or are they the solid billet handles. I just found a place that has the solid billet chrome handles with the buckets painted to match the exterior paint. Think I will go that route, since I dislike the look of the black plastic.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
HotLap
Senior User
Originally Posted by KevinM
Question on the door handles. Are they the covers or are they the solid billet handles. I just found a place that has the solid billet chrome handles with the buckets painted to match the exterior paint. Think I will go that route, since I dislike the look of the black plastic.
Kevin - why not just order the LT door/tailgate handles? You can get all 5 in the neighborhood of $225.00 (which is less than the billet handles - no buckets - for the doors). Also, aren't the handles much harder to switch out then just replacing the entire bucket and handle.....the LT tailgate handle installed in about 5 mins....

Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 PM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That is my intent to replace the whole unit with the prepainted buckets and chrome handles together as on unit ( pn 21106K).
http://www.britechrome.com/

Old 06-20-2005, 02:00 PM
MotorPsycho
Senior User
Luxury and truck are like oil and water to me. Not interested in a Lincoln, Cadillac, Mercedes or BMW truck or SUV.

I don't mind a comfortable truck with options, but it has to retain an aspect of a work vehicle.

On a truck, the Ford emblem rates higher in my mind than a Lincoln or Mercury emblem.

Not that I'm set in my ways or anything.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:27 PM
sattie
Freshman User
i have a black lincoln mark lt and i love it the ride is a lot better than the lariat i traded in my o4 lariat for it...added a flowmaster 70 series big block muffler and a k&n air filter and im thinking about a cold air intake for it as well..

Quick Reply: The new Lincoln "F -150" - 2006 Mark LT