Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2005, 11:59 PM
New User

foddoch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Arrow Is anyone good at pricing? HONESTLY!!

We are trying to help a grieving widow who has just lost her husband.
The truck belonged to his father and he gave it to them just 6 months ago
Trying to set a price for the following:
1971 F-100, sport custom
all original, 128,000 miles
1 owner,
Even original paint, NO RUST AT ALL!
Runs super!!!!
This truck is emaculate .

WORK NEEDED:
Master Cylinder needed
Can anyone suggest a helpful start or where to find an honest appraiser in Colorado Springs?
Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well... May I suggest hanging on to the truck for a while, you really don't want to make any hurried decissions to sell. Even if you can Sandy, hang on to it for her. After a period of time, the idea of keeping it might be better. Should a decission to sell be needed, take a look in the local paper. If it is truly a nice truck like it sounds to be, you can probably get +- $3,000 for it. The master cylinder is a $30 part, so that's not a biggie. These trucks are desirable by two groups. The 70's gang that like the body style, but also the crew in the 65-66 bodies. The older truck can be dropped right onto the newer frame and viola, you have instant disk brakes/power steering

--Mike
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 06-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Posting Guru

qman is starting off with a positive reputation.
foddoch, any chance the truck is in the Colorado Springs area? I'd gladly take a look at it for you. I've seen immaculate original condition trucks go on eBay for upwards of 10-15K. But you'd probably have to sell it to a large audience like an eBay audience. I'm not sure of a better way to sell them. I have an old beat up 72 that I have about $2000 invested in. It's in much better shape now then when I got it but I'd pay $3000 in a heartbeat for a nice one. I don't desire one enough to pay more than that. That's why you'd have to sell to a large audience to get bigger money. The NADA guide (nada.com) says these old Fords are worth about $6000 in average condition. One the 67-72 forum there are guys who say people pay that where they live and others that say you'd have to be nuts where they live. I don't know the market here and rarely do you see these trucks for sale for more than $1500. But most of these old trucks are all beat to heck. I'd guess it would sell in the $5-6K range in immaculate condition. But I'm no expert. This is just my gut feel for what I have been through (bringing mine back from the dead) and what I've heard in these forums.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:42 PM
New User

YEP!
She's in the Springs, west of rustic hills area.
Do you know that area?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Posting Guru

No, but if you give me the address I'll find it. Nothing here is far away. You can email it to me if you'd rather not post it here.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:09 PM
New User

I haven't been here for 15 days so I can't email you.
Do you know where Chelton and Palmer Park intersect?
We are close to there.

sandy
Old 06-17-2005, 11:51 AM
New User

I'd put this in my last post but I can't edit it. Sorry for "double post"
Actually there are about 4 old Fords close to this intersection. But it isn't at that EXACT intersection.

Sandy
Old 06-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Posting Guru

I took my family to Elich's yesterday so that's why the late response. I do know where Chelton and Palmer Park is. You can give me directions from there as in go 2 blks south and turn right, 3rd house on the left. I can find anything with the correct directions. I also emailed you my phone numbers if you can get to your email.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter