Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Postmaster

bremen242 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
rear sliding window seal problems..

I just bought a 2000 F150 x-cab a couple weeks ago.. about a week ago, I tried to open the sliding glass, and it was hard to open and ripped the seal opposite of the latch out. Is this common, and is it hard to fix??
Old 07-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Postmaster

Any one have any ideas? bump
Old 07-07-2005, 07:23 PM
New User

trapperon is starting off with a positive reputation.
this happened to my 2000 also, at about 38 or 39000 miles. My dealer said that the entire window had to be replaced, that it was in an impossibly tight spot to re-glue the seal. They only charged me $50 as I was barely out of warranty and replaced the complete back window. FWIW the glass company who did the work said the same thing--that it was pretty much not repairable. If this has been a common problem, maybe check with some of your local auto glass companies--they may have figured out a "repair fix" by now.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Postmaster

cool. I guess I'll check.. I'm guessing if they don't have something, I'll have to chaulk the window shut (booty fix)..

any other ideas?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Posting Guru

MrBSS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, mine came out and I just stuffed it back in. Seems to work; doesn't leak or whistle. I figured I could put some adhesive on it if it came off again, but it has not. I agree that it looks to be difficult to get and keep the glue in the right place, but you wouldn't need much, particularly if you could also apply a little silicone on the lip to keep it from sticking to the glass.

No way I'd pay to replace the whole glass.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Freshman User

fordtech92 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford has a special service message about these seals. I and an auto glass guy fought mine for an hour. I probably spent two fighting it before that. I just replaced the glass for about $300. probably a discounted rate because the dealer I work for does alot of business with them.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Junior User

mhamric is starting off with a positive reputation.
rear sliding window seal problems..

Mine came out one day and I got some super glue on the weather strip and put it back in place, then I cleaned the exterior of the sliding window pretty good and then put rain x on it to help it slide better, seems to be working pretty good. The rain x really helped it slide and I only got a little glue on the window which a razor blade easily took care of.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamric
Mine came out one day and I got some super glue on the weather strip and put it back in place, then I cleaned the exterior of the sliding window pretty good and then put rain x on it to help it slide better, seems to be working pretty good. The rain x really helped it slide and I only got a little glue on the window which a razor blade easily took care of.
hmm. i think I'll try that..
Old 07-11-2005, 10:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
2000, duty, f150, ford, problems, rear, seal, slider, sliding, super, truck, weather, weatherstripping, window, wwwshutbootycom