2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reg Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look under there and observe the airbag control module. Don't think I would want to do that. Although it would be kinda cool.
Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 08:15 PM
05ontheway
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchased my '05 regular cab shortbox STX the first week of Dec. Could not be happier with it. I needed a truck that was more garage able, this was the configuration that worked the best. I love the interior storage space, something I've waited for for years. Truck runs well, handles great, better in snow than any truck I've owned. Not much for mods yet, I installed an FX4 instrument cluster to get a tach, added a mat for the floor of the box, and found the perfect little plastic storage box in black and grey that fits behind the 20% section of the seat and whose cover is the same height as the center arm rest. I think it was like $7 at Wal-Mart. Just got a new camera so I'll try to get pics up soon.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:38 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 05ontheway
Purchased my '05 regular cab shortbox STX the first week of Dec. Could not be happier with it. I needed a truck that was more garage able, this was the configuration that worked the best. I love the interior storage space, something I've waited for for years. Truck runs well, handles great, better in snow than any truck I've owned. Not much for mods yet, I installed an FX4 instrument cluster to get a tach, added a mat for the floor of the box, and found the perfect little plastic storage box in black and grey that fits behind the 20% section of the seat and whose cover is the same height as the center arm rest. I think it was like $7 at Wal-Mart. Just got a new camera so I'll try to get pics up soon.
What? You mean in the Kleenex box hiding location under the back of the center? Gee, it fits a full size box of tissue there so well I thought it was stock...

From Wall Mart. Perfect for behind the seat. Holds coats, junk whatever. Can be yanked out and carried, or just left there. Folds up flat, or if you recline the seat all the way, it just presses down a little.

From IKEA of all places. About 4 bucks. Can fold up if you want. It holds cameras, binoculars, DVD/CD stuff. etc. has a zip shut top. Fits perfectly between my bigger Wally world thingy, and my Sub box. With exactly enough room in front for my tissue box.
Reg cabs are like boats, you can pack them neatly and put a lot more in them than you would think.
Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 10:23 PM
zombie0299
Senior User
ChrisAdams, how did you mount your cell fone there exactly? that's pretty sweet.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by massdog_FX4
Iam gonna put that little 20% seat on a track so it will move back like the others and allow for comfortable seating for a third person and or storage in front of the seat. Might take a little fabrication, time but will be fun to tinker with.
I want to know how well this work for you as I have wanted to try this too. You'd better let me know how it turns out.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:44 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zombie0299
ChrisAdams, how did you mount your cell fone there exactly? that's pretty sweet.
That was too easy to be a mod. I just popped out the 'coin holder' and mounted a standard swivel belt clip that came with my phone.
I have three of them, and only two phones, and I never ever use a belt clip anyway. These phones you just drop in your pocket.

To fasten in the belt clip I used a black Allen head bolt, drilled a small hole in the belt clip part of the holder, and in the middle of the coin holder, Then bolted the clip to the coin holder. I used two lock nuts on the back of the coin holder so there was no chance it would ever loosen up. It tilts to either side, and there is a hole in the bottom of the clip that the charger goes through. That way as I drive down the road, the phone can get a charge from the power tap.

Ford should offer a phone mount for this location, as a cheap option.
Chris

Old 06-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Dazz
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Ford should offer a phone mount for this location, as a cheap option.
Chris
Much better than that coin holder. I can only imagine the coin holder is for those who drive toll roads often.

I yanked out my coin holder and placed a tranny temp guage in there.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
zombie0299
Senior User
EJPreston,
What kind of tires did you put on and how do you like them? Any rubbing, noise, etc? they look sharp.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:52 PM
ejpreston
Senior User
The tire size is 265/70 R17, which is the biggest any of the shops around here would allow on my factory 7.5 inch wide rim (as well as the manufacturers specs. for any larger tire). I got them from Pep Boys, for about $90 each. They are All Terrain and have a 50,000 mile warrenty...pretty good for a A/T tire, especially for the price! I would probably like bigger tires someday, but then again, I drive A LOT on the freeway so that wouldn't make much sense. Regardless, I like them...kinda rough riding over bumps, but well worth it for the pirice. No rubbing at all, but I also have the leveling kit. No humming noise either, even at high speeds. I just couldnt stand those dinky 235/70 Hankooks Ford put on from the factory...talk about no traction!

Old 06-17-2005, 06:37 PM
zombie0299
Senior User
yeah those hankooks are unimpressive at best. not too shabby price for those tires that's for sure. not to beat a dead horse, but did you get any rubbing prior to your leveling of the truck? once i finally ante up for a brand new ride, i'd rather not hassle with anything that might give me warranty issues...

Old 06-18-2005, 12:56 AM
ejpreston
Senior User
Not that i remember. If it was, it wasn't very bad, and only at FULL crank (how often is that?) Goo dluck!

Old 06-22-2005, 10:12 AM
massdog_FX4
Freshman User
well in regards to the 20% seat on the trck, looks like theres a control module for the airbags under there? and a sub that would be easily removed. Air bags rank up there in importance so iam gonna consult a tech first. will keep ya'll posted._MassDog

Old 06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Oneagle1
Senior User
Been on the road for several weeks but if you look in my galleries you'll see my 04 RC XLT 2WD. LUV this truck......

Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
FordTruckGuySTX
Senior User
Originally Posted by 05ontheway
how much did the fx4 cluster cost you? i'd love to have one in mine. i also noticed for gauges f150store has a new pod to fit under our radio and cig. lighter to hold 3 additional gauges to use some off that crappy little cubby hole

Old 06-23-2005, 11:41 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Oneagle1
Been on the road for several weeks but if you look in my galleries you'll see my 04 RC XLT 2WD. LUV this truck......
Oneagle1, Like your K-cover. It's a lot like my Fold-a-Cover but cleaner looking locking. Nice truck
Chris

Quick Reply: Reg Cab