Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2005, 12:51 AM
New User

DaveDudek is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red face Help, no windows,radio, gauges,dome light?

Hello all, I`m new here and just bought my first 2002 7.3L Ford truck a few months back. Everything was working fine and I woke up the next morning and I noticed my dome light, dash board (gauges and warning lights), radio, & power windows were all not working?? The truck starts up just fine and runs good. I checked the fuses down below the steering wheel and they are all fine??

Please does anybody know where I may be able to look?
Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
did you check the fuses under the hood?

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 06-11-2005, 01:02 AM
New User

I can`t find any under the hood? I thought there may be some located on the drivers side fender well, am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
they should be on that side. look in the manual if you have it. it gives you a break down of each fuser, relay, etc..

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 06-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Junior User

locash is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the SAME EXACT PROBLEM on my 2002 F350.. Turns out, my passenger side dome light bulb burnt out, causing the fuse to blow in the underdash fuse box. It took me awhile to find the problem, but when I replaced the fuse, it blew again. After finally removing the blown bulb, all was perfect.. I still havent replaced that stupid bulb.. Hope this helps you, I was frustrated for a bit..
Old 06-12-2005, 07:40 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by locash
I had the SAME EXACT PROBLEM on my 2002 F350.. Turns out, my passenger side dome light bulb burnt out, causing the fuse to blow in the underdash fuse box. It took me awhile to find the problem, but when I replaced the fuse, it blew again. After finally removing the blown bulb, all was perfect.. I still havent replaced that stupid bulb.. Hope this helps you, I was frustrated for a bit..
Thanks! After I get out of work today, I`ll check that out.. I`m gonna cross my fingers.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 PM
New User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by locash
ALRIGHT!! THANKS!! It`s fixed, I moved the wire on the rear dome light and now everything is working. There must be a sharp corner cutting into the wire and grounding it out someplace?? I went through a half dozen fuses and it took about 1/2 hour, THANKS!

It`s weird that one fuse controls sooo much??
Old 06-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Senior User

Flinno18 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Flinno18
Yeah I found that out the hard way when I pulled it for the ignition chimer( keep the dome light from coming on). It also shuts off the brake release for the shifter on automatics as well!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Postmaster

Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.
Which number is this fuse? Sounds like I need to carry an extra.

DaveDudek, glad to see you were able to get it figured out. Stuff like that can drive a guy nuts.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Senior User

Flinno18 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Flinno18
It's fuse #15 under the dash. Just a little bitty 5 Amp can cause all those problems!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Postmaster

Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.
Wow, thanks for the heads up and info.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Senior User

ReserectedSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
LOL, glad to hear you found out the easy way. I had the same problem with mine when it was up and running. Mine ended up the ground on the drivers side kick plate wasn't connecting good enough. We went thought all the fuses a few times and were getting very upset and just started searching for grounds...
Old 06-13-2005, 05:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2002, 2005, dome, f350, ford, gauges, light, power, radio, windows, windowsdome