2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lariat or King Ranch leather??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 07:10 PM
deltascrew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lariat or King Ranch leather??

Which truck's leather holds up better?

Which is easier to maintain?

thanks

Old 06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well purely looking at price, I would have to assume the King Ranch is a better grade of leather. But I am a fabric guy, so what do I know?

Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the King Ranch leather look. It's like sattle leather, a bit thicker than just the Lariat leather.

Personally I just like the King Ranch look, just my opinion,
Matt

Old 06-10-2005, 07:24 AM
les017
Senior User
but deltascrew was asking which holds up better and which is easier to maintain?

On both counts I would have to say the Lariat leather will generally be more durable. I know that some have complained of the stitching coming loose but this could happen wih either style and I don't think has much to do with the leather itself.
No doubt the KR leather is softer and more supple but it is also unsealed, or at least very much LESS sealed. This leaves the KR leather nice and soft but also leave it at much higher risk of wear, roughening and absorbing stains. Probably would affect it's wearability also.
The Lariat on the other hand appears to be sealed with an almost plastic-like coating. Makes cleanup easier and also "helps" reduce the stain from clothing. My dogs can be in my Lariat cab and not leave all the little scratch marks like would happen in the KR. But then again, the Lariat leather is not nearly as nice on the tushy as the KR.

At least these are my observations. For MY type of use I would have preferred the KR leather, but for ease of maintenance and keeping it's new looks I would have to go Lariat.
But I'm no expert either,so....

Old 06-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
The King Ranch leather looks tougher, but I am not sure which would hold up better.I know my Explorer Limited was advertised to have glove soft leather and it was very nice.However, the leather cracked really bad as soon as the warranty was up.I think the King Ranch has the better look.Good Luck!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:19 AM
BLariat
Senior User
Either way, make sure you are using leather cleaner and protectant regularly! That will keep it from cracking and fading.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Gleno
New User
I use to have a King Ranch I might be wrong but I think it was a 2001 or something like that. Anyway now I have a new Lariat. I loved the King Ranch I actually miss it. I shoulda waited for the new one before buying my lariat. The Lariat leather holds up much better i think it lasts longer and is more forgiving. Whereas the King Ranch leather it gets scratched up, the saddle bags on the back of front seats can get stretched out (it happend on mine), you need to condition them, etc. The king ranch leather is awsome but like I said before the lariat is more forgiving if you catch my drift.