Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Junior User

dgoetz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Party Cove - Lake Ozark. did anyone go Memorial Day Weekend?

I just got back from a long 5 day camping and boating trip. My buddies and I packed up the tents and the camper. Just wondering if anyone else went to party cove on the lake.

If you have never been, it is probably the biggest boat party spot in the midwest, happening mostly Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. Its basically nothing but a huge party, fun in the sun, and definitely not for the shy. There is mostly people from Missouri there, but I ran into a lot of people from IL and other surrounding states.

Anyway, one of my married buddies was with us, and thought we took some pictures we weren't supposed to, and he ruined all of the film! We had some great pictures. Jut wondering if any of you went, and brought back some memories. I would love to see em if you got em! Buddies at work will be expecting some pictures, and I don't have anything to show what a wild time it was.

Last edited by dgoetz; 05-30-2005 at 11:02 PM. Reason: clarify weekend
Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Senior User

91f250460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not this year. I used to go every year, but now a wife two kids and the boat had to go. It is a hell of a party though. My buddy has some pictures that could possibly cause a couple of divorces for me and some of my other friends if he ever brings them out of hiding. Some day I hope to get back their, tie the boats together and watch the alcohol and clothes fly. Of course by then I will probably be the fat, bald, pervert with the camera and not participating in the activities like I used to.

T. Roberts
UFD Local 1147
Old 06-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Junior User

dgoetz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad to see someone out there knows what I am talking about! I wish I had some pictures out there. This is the second year in a row where we lost the pictures. Last year they were burned, and this year the film was exposed. I think we need to start bringing hidden cameras to hide from our buddies that usually have the reason to hide the pictures.

You really oughta get down there again. Its only one weeked a year to stray from the family....Business Trip....Done
Old 06-02-2005, 06:45 PM