2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Regular or SDuper
SuperCab STX Flareside
77.78%
Regular Cab STX Flareside
22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Regular or Super?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 02:45 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regular or Super?

I am having a dillema here. Should I get a Regular Cab Flareside STX or a SuperCab Flareside STX? I would like this thing to be a "baby" lightning, but I also want the space of the SuperCab. Not to mention the parking problems with a truck that long in the city. What do Yall think?

Old 05-29-2005, 03:05 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I went with the reg cab. Cheaper, but more important to me was it is short enough to park well in my garage. My wife didn't want a SuperCab after driving two of them. Too long, and we don't need the seating. The rear of the 'reg' cab has plenty of room for junk, and you can still reach the sliding window from either side.
The middle seat has only been used once since we bought the truck.
If it was going to be your only vehicle, and you have to carry three or more regularly, then you need the SuperCab.
3 fit in the Reg Cab, but not very comfortably.
Chris

Old 05-30-2005, 04:33 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Hey JohnnyBoy, Unless you are totally locked in on a Flareside, check out an STX SuperCab with the 5'5" Styleside bed. It's only about 6" longer than a RegCab w/ 6'5" Flareside. Maybe trim it out with dark grey FX4 wheelflares and lower body color, sporty and unique. Otherwise I think you ought to go with the RegularCab/Flareside. These look very hot.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
If you ever plan to have more than three people in the truck I would get the SCab.Good Luck!

Old 06-01-2005, 11:10 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Love SCrew....1 st for me and I'm not going back.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:39 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
I chose the regular cab and would do it again. It's short and easy to handle, you can reach the rear window easily, you can carry groceries, luggage, etc inside and keep them protected and you have the perfect excuse to ride in someone else's vehicle and let them buy the gas if more than 3 want to go together. I might also mention, it's several thousand dollars cheaper.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:22 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by osbornk
I chose the regular cab and would do it again. It's short and easy to handle, you can reach the rear window easily, you can carry groceries, luggage, etc inside and keep them protected and you have the perfect excuse to ride in someone else's vehicle and let them buy the gas if more than 3 want to go together. I might also mention, it's several thousand dollars cheaper.
I missed that one about riding in someone else's vehicle. Good one, Osbornk!

Chris

Old 06-05-2005, 12:10 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
I should look into the 5.5' bed. I thought about it, but love the flaresides though. We'll see.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Curveman
Junior User
Supercab. Plenty of bedspace, fits in my garage and yeah, I hate those people who don't do their share of the driving! Bottomfeeders I think that they are called! I do know people who always have junk in the back seat when it is time to go anywhere. Low level "friends" at best-you gotta wonder about people who wouldn't WANT to do their share!

Old 06-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
The 06 SuperCrew sounds like best of all F150 truck configurations with 6.5 foot bed available.Good Luck!

Old 06-05-2005, 03:25 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by Curveman
Supercab. Plenty of bedspace, fits in my garage and yeah, I hate those people who don't do their share of the driving! Bottomfeeders I think that they are called! I do know people who always have junk in the back seat when it is time to go anywhere. Low level "friends" at best-you gotta wonder about people who wouldn't WANT to do their share!
Don't agree. At about 45 I got bored with driving. I would rather pay gas, parking and lunch to get someone else to drive.
Cost has less to do with it than being, as I say, bored.

Going for a nice drive in the country, driving with the top down along the beach in my little 4x4, etc. is fun.

Driving into the LA basin is work. Most of my friends would rather drive, so we take their car if possible. Let someone who hasn't done it a thousand times have the 'fun' of driving the 10 on a Friday...
Chris

Old 06-05-2005, 04:13 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as far as parking probs in the city...i dont know any full size truck that parks easy...i am in baltimore and washington dc alot and if i can find a spot that it fits in the turn radius usually becomes a problem...i got a SCREW and am no less inconvenianced than my dads reg cab shorty. but parking in your garage sounds like your biggest limiter.

as far as riding in other people's car, well i cant stand it....i miss my truck to much. even when i drive my wife's mazda protege if feel so dirty, and no matter how many showers i take...i cant scrub off the guilt.

Old 06-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

I know the feeling.I am getting ready to drive my wife's Taurus and I just know I am going to need a shower whenever we get home.

Old 06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Curveman
Junior User
Chris,

I'd be fine with that as in that case there is reciprocity.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:01 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by Curveman
Chris,

I'd be fine with that as in that case there is reciprocity.
Sure, nobody likes a mooch.
Chris

Quick Reply: Regular or Super?