Indy Area Landmarks

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 11:22 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indy Area Landmarks

Indy FTE'rs,

I have kind of an odd request. It looks like I will be in town June 5/6 for the Hot Rod Power Tour which is stopping at IRP on the 6th.

The event will be rolling in from Springfield, Ill (Some from the Corvette Assembly Plant on alternate route) and I'm looking for some help on photography spots.

First, you can view the predetermined route directions here:
http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/hrpt...tions_2005.pdf

It appears that both routes will end along rt. 136 dumping into IRP. I need some locals to tell me what that route is like. Are there any landmarks along there, before IRP? I'm looking for background settings for taking photos.

Considering they'll be coming in toward the late afternoon, I'd be more interested in landmarks on the north or east sides of 136 or 267.

Now when they depart from IRP on the 6th, it will begin at 9 a.m. and I'm looking to get photographs as the vehicles cruise down the freeway. Unless there exist other landmarks between IRP and 65.

This time, I'd like any landmarks on the West side of the highway and they can go quite some distance south of Indy as there will be thousands of cars in the cruise.

I may also be looking for areas NEAR IRP (NOT on the route) as a place to take special feature shots of vehicles.

If ANYONE has ANY information that may be useful, please PM me or email me the details.

Thanks, from your O.C. neighbor,
Randy

Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 AM
IndySilverAnny
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The old drive-in theater across from IRP would be a cool backdrop.
Also, if you go up 136 to Girls School Rd, and turn left and go to Eagle Creek park, you will have lots of nice backgrounds. There is also Eagel Creek airport.

Old 06-02-2005, 03:49 PM
snowfighter
Elder User
Indianapolis motor speedway.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by IndySilverAnny
The old drive-in theater across from IRP would be a cool backdrop.
Also, if you go up 136 to Girls School Rd, and turn left and go to Eagle Creek park, you will have lots of nice backgrounds. There is also Eagel Creek airport.
Actually, I saw that on the satellite pic. Is is still open for business? If not, what is the condition, does it look rundown? Can access be gained?

Thanks,
Randy

Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 PM
IndySilverAnny
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The drive-in is still open... But there might not be anyone there in the morning or daytime.
You might have to contact them and arrange for someone to be there.
I'm sure they'll let you in to take pictures.