Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Post Fiend

Ultramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud of
You guys are tough!

I had the pleasure of driving through your state last week and while rolling down I25 at 85 mph I saw an awesome sight. Somewhere around Pueblo, this truck pulls onto the interstate. I pull up to it to see that it's a F350 quad cab.........with a 10" lift. It was also pulling a @ 18' enclosed car trailer as tall as he was. I just smiled and stared at what I could as I drove past him.

I thought, "Ok, he'll do about 70." Nope, he ran that bad boy up to 85 mph before traffic blocked him.

I watched him in the rear view mirror for as long as I could. That was the biggest smile of the day for me. Man! That was cool!
2006 KLR 685
Old 05-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Posting Guru

rikfish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dan,
You're lucky! That stretch of I-25 is one of the most heavily patroled sections in the state! CSP has targeted I-25 between Pueblo and the Springs due to a high accident rate. If I remember correctly, it is a "no tolerance' policy too. They will ticket for any infraction, especially speeding and tailgating.

They also watch south of Pueblo to the NM state line, this due to a combination of accidents and what I suspect is the drug traffic coming up that route. I travel from Pueblo down to Colorado City every other Friday, and it is not unusual to see 4 or more CSP cars in that 22 mile stretch.
68 Mustang Coupe, 200-6, not much else! (work in S L O W progress)
Old 05-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Post Fiend

Ultramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud of
I think my timing had a lot to do with it. I traveled out on 5/17/05 and didn't see any troopers (KS or CO). Drove around CO the 18, 19 and 20 with very little evidence of troopers or sheriffs. That all changed on the 21st and every time I spotted a trooper he had a car pulled over. I think I saw at least 7 or 8 from the trip down from Granby to Lakin, KS that day.

I was lucky.
2006 KLR 685
Old 05-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
With the mountains on the West side, we need plenty of guts to get around here.

Thanks for enjoying our sites and come back any time

--Mike
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 06-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

ceetwarrior is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikfish
Dan,
You're lucky! That stretch of I-25 is one of the most heavily patroled sections in the state! CSP has targeted I-25 between Pueblo and the Springs due to a high accident rate. If I remember correctly, it is a "no tolerance' policy too. They will ticket for any infraction, especially speeding and tailgating.

They also watch south of Pueblo to the NM state line, this due to a combination of accidents and what I suspect is the drug traffic coming up that route. I travel from Pueblo down to Colorado City every other Friday, and it is not unusual to see 4 or more CSP cars in that 22 mile stretch.
Yeah, those cops…. Mainly State Patrol…. It's not any worse that here IN the Springs where they actually park their motorcycles ON the sidewalk, blocking pedestrians, to HUNT people. I even called in to complain and the captain basically said that I am trying to start trouble and he sees nothing wrong with cops blocking the sidewalks. I said "but, they are blocking the sidewalk for people to walk through!" and he said, "blah blah blah, they'd move out of the way if you asked them to" and I'm thinking, that’s BULL. They shouldn't be there any way. If they want to patrol the streets they need to be visible, I have no problem with that.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter