Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

1967 ford F-100 needs a paint job...recommendations? Denver area

Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 PM
stepasideman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1967 ford F-100 needs a paint job...recommendations? Denver area

I have a 1967 F-100 w/ inline Six and it needs a paint job badly. Most paint places do not do older vehicles, seems they just want to make the quick buck off the insurance guys. I need a person that appreciates the classics and will paint my truck. Please help me find someone.

Thanks and Best Regards,

--scott
smihans@hotmail.com
720-261-6148

Old 05-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Scott, let me drop a few for you....

Matrix Auto, just off Evans and Santa Fe
Hopps auto body, just off Hampden and Santa Fe.
Bear Creek Auto Body, Hampden and Kipling.

Just a few I have experienced and are great to work with... The gang at Hopps do hot rods.
--Mike

Old 06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
mattadams
Senior User
Precision Auto Works did mine and he's done some awesome classic ones as well. he works out of his back yard but he does great work.
Here's how mine looks (it used to be green):

He does great work! His name is Mark Godard, his number is 303-937-3815 or 720-314-6053. he's around Mississippi and Wadsworth, if that helps.
Tell him Matt Adams sent you. He knows who I am, my truck was there for 2-3 months LOL.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
stepasideman
Freshman User
Mark said no dice, thanks anyway Matt

Old 06-01-2005, 02:16 PM
mattadams
Senior User
really? Sorry to hear that. ARe you looking for anything custom or just a straight repaint? I know uni-tec on santa fe and hampden does some awesome work too, but if you are just looking for a basic repaint... tough to say...

Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
stepasideman
Freshman User
Looking for some thing quick and inexpensive....about $1500.00 to $2000.00. Have quite a bit of surface rust and needs a good sanding. I wish they had stalls you could rent like in the military around here, that would be sweet!

Old 06-04-2005, 09:49 AM
DarkWolf40
Elder User
I just had my 67 repainted and it cost me $8K. It also took them almost a year to turn it around since like you said, they only want to do insurance work. They would only work on mine when it was slow in thier shop. Mine was a little high because we did a complete restoration, inside the cab, under the bed, etc. The kind of paint job your looking for is maybe more in the league of Macco or Earl Shibe, I've heard you can get a decent paint job from them if you do all the prep work and then bribe the painter with a case of beer to take special attention to your paint job. But as far as a full service body shop, 1500 won't cover the cost of materials. As far as a place you could use to spray it yourself, there is a place on Sante Fe blvd called Painter's supply or something like that and they may have paint booths you can use. Hey Mike G, you live on the south side of town, do you know the place I'm thinking of?

Old 06-05-2005, 09:03 PM
tubby1
New User
i might be able to do it this summer for a reasonable amount.
I'm located in greeley co i restore muscle cars and ford trucks also toyota land cruisers jimmie @ 970-388-2647

Old 06-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarkWolf40
... As far as a place you could use to spray it yourself, there is a place on Sante Fe blvd called Painter's supply or something like that and they may have paint booths you can use. Hey Mike G, you live on the south side of town, do you know the place I'm thinking of?
Painter's Supply is indeed on south Santa Fe, about two blocks south of Hampden on the west side of the road. That is where I do all of my shopping. They don't have booths, but there is a guy in the warehouse district at Santa Fe and Union that rents them out. He charges $150 for a 1/2 day and $300 for a full day.

--Mike

Search this Thread