1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ken, why did you close my thread?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Ken, why did you close my thread?

Ken,

You closed my midwest FTE meet thread with the following statement:

Originally Posted by webmaster
In case you have not noticed, FTE has a meet:
July 29-30 - The Woodlands in Kansas City, Kansas
https://www.ford-trucks.com/rally/

That's the mid-west folks! Please show your support for it rather than using the site to come up with something that will take away from it.
Since you won't allow me to respond in that thread I had to start a new one. Hopefully this won't get locked or deleted. This is silly, Ken. My reason for hosting a get together at my house was to show off my shed and works in progress. If you want to foot the bill to get them to Kansas City, then I'll gladly attend. Kansas City is a six hour drive. Not exactly a day trip for me. There are several FTE members just a couple hours from me and I don't see how my little get together will take away from the Kansas City meet. What gives?

If you prefer I don't discuss this here, then so be it. I'll take the planning to private email. I happen to think I contribute a lot to this group and I don't appreciate being told I don't support FTE.

Respectfully,

Kevin Kessler
1953 Ford F-100
Go Illini

Last edited by Fat Fendered Ford; 05-25-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:53 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I didn't see Kevin's little get together threating any large scale show. I would like to host some kind of small gathering in the SE Wisconsin area and get together with a few like minded individuals bit I just don't have the time. Not everyone, including myself, is able to travel hours, and pay the high price for lodging, to attend the larger, well organized events. The people who are going to the larger events, I am assuming, already have their plans made up and are not going to some two bit (sorry Kevin) gathering be held one afternoon in some guy's backyard.

Ken, lighten up, you're acting like the NFL.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this was a 4th of July weekend cookout type thing in Kevin's backyard somewhere in east central illinois. Hardly any attempt to hijack the FTE national meet.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:44 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Kevin

This is just a misunderstanding. Four of five guys meeting at your house 3 weekends earlier is obviously not a threat to the KC get together.

Last edited by fatfenders; 05-25-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Perhaps it should be called a planning session for the KC FTE meet. That should make it OK.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Homespun91
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken,

I can understand how the title might be a little misleading. Perhaps some clarification is in order. I was one of the attendees at the first "Mini-meet" in Jan., which I think was prior to any mention of the FTE Rally (though I'm sure the rally was in the planning stages for a long time).

Kevin's title, which he also used in January, is firmly "tongue-in-cheek". His get-together is in no way a competitor to the Rally. It's not even the equivalent of a cruise night, or a local car club. It might be compared to you being out in your garage on a Saturday, fiddling around with your ride & listening to a Braves game, and then your obnoxious neighbor shows up with his buddy, swipes your beer, and stands around talking about how much faster HIS car was "back in the day".

In January, I believe seven of us were there, including Kevin. It was a very impromptu gathering: we ate, traumatized Kevin's kids & dog, admired his shop, and stood around swapping lies. No more, no less. No one drove their truck (I believe that only two or three even had "running" trucks at that time), and, if you could visit the town, you would see that any cruise would only terrify the local citizens. If there were any more than about ten of us or so, Kevin's wife would need to kick us all out.

I can't speak for the others, but I was not able to attend the Supernats, & won't be able to attend the Rally; it's too much time & distance for me to spare this year. However, all of us who attended Kevin's bash made it there & back that day; I live an hour away, close enough to make him very nervous. If I was able to attend the Rally, I would not change my mind about it just because I saw one or two of the same people a couple of weeks earlier.

As Kevin said, if you feel it would be better for us to discuss it via e-mail rather than the board, we can certainly do that. However, it really is a small get-together with a casual "Stop by if you feel like it" to other Effie enthusiasts. I think if you had gotten a chance to see the doin's back in January, you would be very comfortable with this little "bash" now, as it's just no big thing.

Thanks for your consideration, Mike

Old 05-26-2005, 09:31 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I was sick at the time (still recovering now, mild flu) and frankly I didn't even read the entire thread. Someone sent an alert stating you guys were planning a mid-west rally the same weekend as FTE's so I just scooped up Eric's post and added a sentence to it, closed it, and went to back to feeling like crap watching tv.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:33 AM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Hope you are feeling better.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
TheMadFabber
Senior User
Yea...

Sam.

Last edited by TheMadFabber; 05-26-2005 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Because
Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
Sorry you are feeling bad...So are you going to reopen the thread?

Old 06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jet Jock
So are you going to reopen the thread?
I guess not. Anyone interested in getting together please email me or send me a private message. I guess it's against the rules to discuss this here.

Kevin
1953 Ford F-100
Go Illini

Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,833 Posts
Personally I think its a great idea and in no way competition to the big meet. If I were closer I'd jump right in there. I think an afternoon swapping lies and bench racing with fellow enthusiasts would be a real kick in the pants.
Good luck to you and I hope you can get something together.

Bobby

Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Fendered Ford
I guess not. Anyone interested in getting together please email me or send me a private message. I guess it's against the rules to discuss this here.

Kevin
1953 Ford F-100
Go Illini
You must assume that I live on these forums 24x7 and I see every post and follow it up. There are thousands of daily posts and frankly, yours is a drop in the bucket amoung dozens of "high priority" requests every day.
(ie, everyone thinks theirs is a priority request).

If you have a specific request that needs attention, please use the support system on the Members drop down menu, as we've ask countless times. If you don't follow the suggestions then you can't possibly expect the same service as those who do.

Give me a link back to the thread and I'll open it (I don't have the time to dig it up).

Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Ken - here you go: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=376443

Kevin - If I wasn't a west-coaster, I'd be there. Have a beer for me!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:05 PM
merc546
Posting Guru
Wow for a site administrator he sure is friendly (not) Sounds just like the ones that worked at Ford, must come with the title.

Chuck

Quick Reply: Ken, why did you close my thread?