Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2005, 09:38 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

n4zou is starting off with a positive reputation.
Converting to biomass as fuel.

As gasoline prices have gone over $2 a gallon I have started seriously thinking about building a wood gasifier and operate my old 1974 F-100 on scrap wood and paper. I found lots on information on this and lately there has been more information posted about doing it. I will setup for dual fuel, Gasoline and Wood gas operation. The details have been worked out for many years now and to me it looks like a neat way to get around with a much lower fuel cost. Anyone here ever do this? Before I undertake the conversion I hope to get some pointers on how others have made the modification with there old Ford truck. My old 74 F-100 is a super cab camper special with a 360 2 barrel and C-6 trans. A few interesting links I found on this are

http://www.gengas.nu/byggbes/index.shtml
Design information from FEMA. Yes, that big government agency!

http://www.motherearthnews.com/top_a...dburning_Truck
A "how to" article from Mother Earth News. A little dated and better gasifier designs from the FEMA gengas site could be adapted.

http://www.woodgas.com/History.htm
The latest gasifier technology and some history as well.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Posting Legend
Garage is empty, add now

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
Moved to proper forum.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage

Tags
n4zou