Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

any places to legally 4wd in tidewater?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
robnrob10
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any places to legally 4wd in tidewater?

police officer so im looking for somewhere legal.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I would give Pungo Offroad a call. Other than that, only "legal" places would be a friends farm or property, that I know of

Old 05-13-2005, 04:41 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
I agree with Franken, find some "friends" who have property westward, not much in H. R.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:34 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Lightbulb try this

check into local military bases near your area. usually they have a 4x4 course somewhere on the base to test out the rigs they have and to trin newbies to it. a lot of times they will let you give it a run if you pay somebody or get permission from an xo or something like that. ive done it on a few bases in maryland and one in va so i know its possible.

take it easy
garrett

Old 05-17-2005, 11:10 AM
1sick76
New User
Thumbs up Legal Wheeler

I posted a new thread about Slades Park. It is a off road park out there by Surry Nuke Plant. It used to be the best wheeling around but a young kid was killed out there and he shut it down for insurance reasons. Rumor has it, he has re-opened but I put that thread out to see if any of the info I have gotten is valid. The way it used to work was you went out there paid Mr. Slade 10 bucks and signed a waiver of damage and injury for the whole day. I will let you know as soon as I can. Be Safe.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:30 AM
soulpatchfr
Junior User
many years ago, we used to 'wheel out on property in Chesapeake off Military Hwy... we called it Swan Oil (i'm thinking that's who owned the property???). it was a large piece of property we accessed via a dead-end residential street (State Street, i believe) that intersected with Mil. Hwy. kinda had to drive over a guardrail that was almost in someone's driveway.
don't know if it's still undeveloped land or accessible even if it is, much less if it's legal territory, but it's worth a look. we sure had many fun adventures, & i was never hassled (late 80s, BTW).

Frank

Last edited by soulpatchfr; 05-18-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:53 PM
bryced_1
Freshman User
over here in chesapeake we have a ton of places, i doubt there legal, most of which are power lines, but noone has said anything to my before. pm if you want directions.