Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Elder User

fordsrgrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordsrgrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
just thought i"d say hi

im richard ,been living in seattle area almost 18 years , but was born and raised in dubuque area .all my sisters and brother still live there my folks live in camanche .just wondering if theres anyone in here from around that area.graduated from hemstead high in 74 contemplating moving back home next year if everything works out
Old 05-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Elder User

nogo73 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm not but I like that area its very nice around the Mississippi river. I'm an hour and a half west of there. nice to hear you might be comming back. wow back then My high school probaby won a game or more every season they are winless for 5+ years in football now.

-Brandon Class of 1999 Waterloo East High
Iowa chapter Board Member
Old 05-13-2005, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Hmmm that is funny I was born and raised in the seattle area (bremerton WA), and been living in Iowa for the last 14yrs.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:07 AM
Elder User

fordsrgrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordsrgrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
just not sure if i miss the winters back there yet but driving semi out here i get a little of the weather running back and forth over the mountains everyday to yakima and back.anyway i owe, i owe ,its off to work i go
Old 05-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Posting Guru

truckertaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have lived in Dubuque all my life..Not sure if that is a good thing or not Senior grad 88

Teamster local 421
Do not disturb.....Already disturbed
Old 05-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Elder User

my brother is the transportation supervisor at swiss valley. my mother ,my uncle and my gramps all put in about 30years a piece at the ole dubuque pack.my aunt and uncle on my dads side owned the avalon supper club b4 they sold it to there kids, my other cousin david owned the supper club just across the wisconsin bridge .i have deep family ties all around dubuque and towards the north, balltown ,holy cross. and rickardsville area
Old 05-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Posting Guru

We ate at the avalon all the time...SUPER food!!!

Just accross the bridge? the 3 mile house?

Teamster local 421
Old 05-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Elder User

not sure exactly on the name my dad has mentioned it a few times but cant remember never been there myself .i recall my dad telling me he sold it a year or two ago.isnt there a place called sandy hook just across the bridge i recall going to ballgames there years ago.my brother lives just off rhomberg on your way to eagle point park. do they still have the skinny curved bridge going to wisc yet...
Old 05-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Posting Guru

Sandy hook OK I remember that place.... Never ate supper there but drank a few brews there

they tore that angled bridge down years ago..theres now a nice big 4 lane

We where just up at Eagle last weekend for the mothersday breakfast put on by the boyscouts

you will have to look me up next time your around here

Teamster local 421
Old 05-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Posting Guru

Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.
I've lived in Davenport for about 10 yrs and the Illinois Quad City area for 10 before that. Never spent much time in Camanche except for deliveries. Smells better than Clinton though LOL.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter