Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Senior User

Phrogman46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
e-85 Flex fuel

FYI

I was in Iowa this weekend and when i pulled into a gas station i saw a pump for this fuel. The price was super cheep about 25 cents less then the gas price. I went to the web site e85.com to read about this stuff.

Anyway to make a long story short this could be a good alternative fuel for our trucks especially the carb guys since making a carb application alcohol ready is relatively easy. I know that my truck is a gas hog so paying less for the fuel would be nice. Plus itís made in america so it would help keep our money here which would be a nice change.

It could be used in high horsepower applications as well since itís super high octane.

Take it for what itís worth I did not know it was out there so i figure i would pass it on.

1996 F-150 XL 4.9L I6
2000 Mustang GT 4.6L V8

www.phrogman.org

( under construction )

Boing Boing Boing.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Freshman User

pmeisel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Would like to hear from some E85 users on this. Friend who was engine superintendent of Lima Vulcan line told me they had lots of complaints from owners of flex fuel 3.0L -- poor driveability -- could be result of compromise tuning. Anybody using E85 with good results? Mileage? Tuning changes?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
Moved to proper forum.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:56 AM