Where too look for turbo headders and stuff too 2.8 2.9

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:28 PM
br racing v6
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where too look for turbo headders and stuff too 2.8 2.9

hello,I wonder if there is someone selling finnish turbo headders too v6 engines in US, too bolt on a t3 turbocharger,
or two smaler turbos in a twin series, each bank.
who is biggest on performance parts too this engines in US.
like supercharger too the engines, bolt on kit, I am Frode, I lived in Norway, and have v6 engines as my hobby. and have a lot of performance parts too deliver too this engines, I run BR racing V6., and having a ultimate 2.8 engine building up
with higth spec, and its going too have twin turbos, in sekvential boosting., engine is build too hold 600hbp. now the engine is almost finnish, I youse the same heads as on bronco II 2.8. but there must have been someone in the US that make good stainless turbo headders manifoil too this engine. and 2.9 also maybe.

Parts I really whant too try too find in US is,

big valves in correct length, 44.5mm intake and 38,1mm ex length 105.7 and 105.8mm.

twin valve springs too cope too roller cam,

special intake too fit the 2,8 heads who will take fuel injectors, allso int in intake too take 3tripple 2port webers,

Do someone know about a yoused steel billet cranck too 2,8 or 2,9 crower have made it or can, I really whant one., someone that deliver bolt on H-beam rods too v6.,

best source too get sheap forged pistons too v6?

Alu flywheel too v6,where too look.,

thanks for answers.

Frode

Old 05-08-2005, 03:53 PM
bigswede
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There`s not too much available in the US as far as turbo stuff is concerned. Try some of the ford capri websites, maybe in the U.K. where the interest in the 2.8 is greater and the 2.8 came with bosch fuel injection on the capri there.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Psychopete
Senior User
Not too many of us Ford 60 degree fans. Most of that stuff you have to contact a manufacturer and ask if they can custom make the parts for you. I have seen a few performance items on ebay for European V6s. Forged rods / pistons, but he wants an arm and a leg for his stuff. He was trying to sell 6 1.55 ratio roller tip rocker arms for 800 bucks. I tried to get him to come down on price, but no dice. You can get them from camcraftcams.com for 475 + shipping. They also may be able to get you the valve springs you need. They also make heads that are supposively more powerful, but I don't have enough money to attempt it for myself.

The only reason I can see to fuel inject a 2.8L is because of the cam gear, otherwise, I don't see why you just wouldn't want the 2.9L in this instance. I suppose if you wanted to dyno the engine with each intake.. The big problem with going from EFI to carb on these engines is the fact the the 2.8L cam operates backwards and the 2.9L is electronically controlled.. The distributors are different, so the timing couldn't be advanced. It would be stuck at 10 BTDC. You would need to interchange / fabricate parts to accompish this. The intake designs are also different, just look at the exhaust ports.. At first with EFI you'll find that you cannot get as much power out as a carb. But after lots of money spent on electronics, tuning and all that, I truely believe the EFI will out perform the carborator. Were European 2.9Ls MAF?

They make a 4bbl. offenhouser intake for the 2.8L, but I am not sure how much different these blocks are between American and European. The 3 holly webbers would be a very very nice setup however.

Look, ask around, it's a pain in the butt to find parts for these motors.

Oh, you should be able to find an exhaust shop that can custom make turbo headers for your application.

Good Luck,
Pete

Old 05-09-2005, 02:46 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Haven't seen to much turbo stuff for the 2.8. But there are plenty of other performance parts and mods that can be done. If you want to FI it then the easiest would be to use a setup of the 3.8 that came in most rear wheel drive fords like the mustang and LTDII and cougar. You will need the harness and ecm of the same vehicle though.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:50 AM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Turbo manifolds and such have to be fabbed up custom for these engines whether you do it yourself or have a professional do it. MPI fuel injection on a 2.8 can be done if you have Access to an American 2.9 harness (perferably a MAF) and also by welding injector bungs into the stock manifold and fabbing an upper intake with a Throttle body that bolts down where the carb went. this would take a bit more fabbing than the 3.8/2.8FI mentioned earlier but would do more for the AWW factor. Ive never heard of a billet crank availible for the 2.8 or 2.9 but I know that the 2.8's in the RBV's had a steel crank that is nearly indestructible. As for pistons and H-beam rods, those can be custom ordered from the major companies that deal with those products. You can use small block ford 5.0l valve springs instead of duals, they are a shade shorter but have about 30lb more seat pressure in stock form. 2.9 valves are bigger than the 2.8s and are the same length, they can easily be swapped in.

Last edited by RacinNdrummin; 05-30-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:45 PM
br racing v6
New User
hello, thanks. for information.

but this info I have my self., the reson was too get a adresse too

a company that maybe have done parts for some of yours trucks.

I have seen a 2,8 intake with injectors on a twinturbo,

got pictures of it.,

I allso got a special intake that is for mecanical injection from 1977 that was on some granadas with same heads as in US versions.

I am sorry too say that I maybe is the man that whanted a leg or arm for the roller rockers.

the tru is that prices in Norway is 2-3times the US. and even I buy from too sell too the European market.

I supply almost all higth performance stuff. but understand that
US is not the market too sell for me.

but Youst whanted too tell this.

my new website,
http://home.no/brr-v6/

Old 07-30-2005, 04:09 PM
rebturtle
Mountain Pass
I'm not sure about the 2.8L, but JBA makes a great set of headers for the 2.9L V6. Check them here: http://www.jbaheaders.com/

They're a pretty cool company, and perhaps they can custom fabricate you something for use w/ turbos.