Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Rhode Island Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Rhode Island Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: dynamic

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Senior User

1991fseries is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rhode Island registration

does anyone know the rules and regulations of classic plates in rhode island is?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Senior User

tps0424 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What do you mean by 'classic'? Is that the antique plate? For that, you need to have a 25 year old vehicle, I think.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Senior User

1991fseries is starting off with a positive reputation.
that part i know, but I thought at one point I heard that there were requlations on when u can drive a car with antique plates
Old 08-27-2010, 07:32 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

dynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991fseries View Post
that part i know, but I thought at one point I heard that there were requlations on when u can drive a car with antique plates

The antique plate issue is more about the insurance you carry. Most companies that offer "antique" insurance put regulations on how many miles you can drive that "antique" vehicle in a year. And usually limit the driving of the vehicle to Sundays or traveling to car shows/cruise nights.

If you were to register with standard insurance you dont need to worry about those regulations.

You can also dual register your vehicle if you like. You can actually have the vehicle registered with passenger plates and antique plates.

Click Here to become a RI Chapter Member

Tom - Rhode Island Chapter Leader

"Speed is just a question of money... How fast can you go?" - Mad Max
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Posting Guru

Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.
Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles :*Cancel Plates

Not sure why it says "cancel plates" in the link, but it'll bring you to the antique plate section.

38 gallon fuel tank install:http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13107271
Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Junior User

CTom is starting off with a positive reputation.
If a vehicle is more than 25 years old, it can be registered with an antique plate. An inspection is not required with this plate, although restrictions do apply to how the vehicle can be used when displaying the antique plate. The vehicle can be used solely for use in exhibitions, club activities, parades, and other functions of public interest, but not primarily for the transportation of passengers or goods over any public highway. The cost for registering a vehicle with an antique plate is $6.50 (R.I.G.L. §31-6-1 (a)(16)).

As you can see, Antique Plates restric usage. The loop hole is "club activities". If one were ever to get stoped for "driving primarily for the transportation" just whip out your "club ID card" and explain you are comming from/going to a Club meeting, cruise, or event. I have been using antique plates in RI for ever and never got stoped. Worth a try........
Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Rhode Island Chapter

Tags
az, bob, classic, dual, gervais, island, passenger, plates, pp, register, registration, regristyer, rhode, ri, rules, truck