1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys, I Need Your Help!

Old 05-03-2005, 06:47 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, I Need Your Help!

A customer (and fellow FTE member) just picked up his 2005 F-250 V10/ 6-speed Supercab from me. He was just a few miles from the dealership when the check engine light came on and it started to run rough. Brought it back here and found the #10 coil to be bad. Replaced it and everything seemed fine. Customer just called, he's halfway home and the truck is running poorly again, but no C/E light- yet.

Okay, this guy lives in central NJ, has driven older trucks in the past that he's worked on himself. We're looking for a Ford dealer in NJ (that he can take the truck to when he gets home) for more diagnosis. Can anyone here recommend a dealer in that area, or at least give me the names of service departments we should avoid? If you're not comfortable posting an "avoid-this-place" warning, then private-message me the details.

We've been delivering trucks through the FTE Purchase Program for a year, and this is the first one that the customer has had a problem with before he got home. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
trike1946
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might try asking in the NJ chapter forum. There seems to be some members from up there. Or look at their profile to see where they are from, and then send them an email. I am from south jersey. If you have no luck, I know somebody who lives in Middlesex county, which is central. I could call him and ask.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
wagntwister
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Union

Union County can try Douglas motors in Summit or Warren Hunterdon area try Smith Ford Washington NJ

Old 05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
kevincw
Posting Guru
Central NJ is a wide area, Toms River seems to be about as central as central gets. Downs Ford on Route 37 east in Toms River. Do you have a town for us?

Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by kevincw
Central NJ is a wide area, Toms River seems to be about as central as central gets. Downs Ford on Route 37 east in Toms River. Do you have a town for us?
Sorry about that- customer lives in South Amboy.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:51 AM
captchas
jeff please check your dealer e-mail

Old 05-04-2005, 01:04 PM
iskybantilus
Elder User
bound brook ford is a nice small dealership, know people who've had good luck there, there is even a mechanic who helps people out with banks kits and the sort. its not real close to south amboy though. liccardi ford i would avoid, fullerton is even farther, but not bad. downs ford is good, big ford racing supplier, but never dealt with their service dept.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:52 PM
88svt
Senior User
Hey Folks,
Well I'm the guy!
Yes, I'm the one who bought the truck from Jeff and has had nothing but problems since. Now let me clarify, I, by no means, hold either Jeff or the wonderfull staff at Van Bortal Ford at fault for my delema, the transaction was the most pleasant I've ever had in the new vehicle arena.

I stopped at 3 different Ford dealers on the way home to make sure I wasn't harming the engine and the best response I could get was I would have to leave the truck for 2 or 3 days for them to diagnose (I Do Have A Job). Well as it turns out I made it home and ended up @ Oasis Ford. They couldn't be more helpfull, took the truck in and started work in 5 minutes. Found cylinder misfires (a lot) on #'s 1,2,4,10 with the worst being #2. They called tech service at Ford and were told to swap out coils. They did that to no avail. Then swapped #2 with #3 to see if the problem followed the coil, which it did not! At this point I knew what I was in for. They now have the truck and told me it could take 2 hours, or 2 months to fix depending if they have to order a new PCM unit from Ford which may not be immediately available.

THIS IS THE REASON i RIPPED THE FUEL INJECTION AND THE BRAIN OUT OF MY 88 F-150 AND PUT IN AN OLD DURA-SPARK UNIT.....

Jeff----We may have to order another truck!

Doug...

Old 05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
captchas
please don't give up. they have to be sure so they order the correct parts. to me it sure sounds pcm , for the dealer they have something we all use called car down, vechicle down or unit down, so the part is put on a rush. and even pulled from the plant if needed

Old 05-04-2005, 07:35 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Well, at least you made it home OK. I still feel bad that you had to be my FIRST customer to have a problem while driving home. And I don't know why our diagnostic equipment didn't find the problem, unless the PCM problem was being "masked" by other problems closer to the analyzer. It couldn't see the forest for the trees, for lack of a better term. Keep me posted.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:23 PM
tazmanian_cowboy
Senior User
88svt, Sorry to hear about your problems. The ride home to NJ from Jeff was a very enjoyable ride for my wife and I. That was a long ride to be worrying about your big purchase. I know I would have been a nervous wreck. Hope all works out for you, and applaud you for not taking it out on Jeff. It is too easy for people to point the finger to the salesman.

Jeff, you never fail to impress me. I have NEVER in my life heard of a salesman reach out for help from others before the costumer even gets home. Granted the FTE program and buying so far away from home is a new concept, but I AM impressed that you chose to reach out to us in NJ for help and opinions before he even got home with his truck. Wish I would have seen the thread yesterday and been able to help. Figures the one night that I didn't check with the board was the time that you were in need. anyway, good job Jeff!

Good luck,
Taz

Last edited by tazmanian_cowboy; 05-04-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:52 AM
iskybantilus
Elder User
OASIS .... thats the one i was trying to think of at 18/9 crossover area, where i bought my cobra. Sorry, couldnt think of the name yesterday. glad to hear your making out well with them.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:29 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
yup, i forgot all about oasis also, and its in my own hometown too!

Search this Thread