Alternative fuels

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 08:22 PM
MacDug
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternative fuels

You know guys, with gas as high priced as it is,, I would rather find a way to use alcohol as an alternative fuel. There is a country in South America who run ALL of their vehicles on alcohol fuels. So, does anyone know what it would take to make our engines be able to run on alcohol?

Old 05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm not really sure the exact answer to that question, but i reckon it'd be way too much to even be considered an alternative.

The cost of the conversion alone will offset the savings of fuel and create a wash.

i hear these hybrid things are pretty economical. Ford makes the escape hybrid, and GMC is coming out with the sierra hybrid. Not much longer and they'll revive the v10 excursion as battery powered....

Old 05-02-2005, 11:14 PM
fordguy21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey macdug welcome to FTE, to get you better answers there is an alternative fuels forum furthur down the list, one the moderator will see this and move it to the correct forum

hey brainA, can you move this post to the alternative fuels forum so that some of the guys down there can chime in on this subject, thx