Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

What do you want out of the Missouri Chapter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you want out of the Missouri Chapter?

Simple question what do you want out of the Chapter? Just looking for some other members in your area, need tips and advice. How can we make the Chapter bigger and better? Let's hear everyone's thoughts.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:57 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Guess that's my problem -- not really looking for anything in particular...

Old 04-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Momudder720
Posting Guru
More people! I'm tired of seeing you two's ugly mugs

Old 04-23-2005, 10:53 AM
slmann
Postmaster
And here I thought nobody was showing up to the meets because we were so attractive and they were all ashamed of themselves.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:34 PM
87ford4x4inline6
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slmann
Simple question what do you want out of the Chapter? Just looking for some other members in your area, need tips and advice. How can we make the Chapter bigger and better? Let's hear everyone's thoughts.
Looking to meet some members from around my area. Get together and actually meet the face behind the name. get advise and give it also. Maybe even help members with a project or share my project with members.

I love to wheel my truck, would like to find some members that want to play also and schedule a get together every now and then to wheel some. Go to some different places and check them out.

The other board I belong to has a few events a year that I try to make it to. Problem is most are 600-800 miles away so its a little hard to make them. But the events I have made and the people I have meet have been great.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 PM
87ford4x4inline6
Senior User
Come on folks post your imput, lets get a mission statement going. I know theres more members out there.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm all about meeting other members more local, unfortunately you guys are 4 hours away, and on my lack of income currently, it just isn't happening, and unfortunately wouldn't happen too often. I know there are a few members in my area, but just seem to not to want to meet I guess. The other part is just the camaraderie, were all inside the boundaries of Missouri, so it gives us a common bond in that respect. Locating things is always helpful too, whether parts, whole vehicles, or locations to do different things.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:23 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Anyone else have anything? This can be as big as we want it to guy's. The more people we have the more resources we have to find parts and help if needed for your truck. The bigger and more active we are can lead to all kinds of things. I have two suggestions. 1. Let's get a chapter logo picked and get it on some shirts and stickers. That might help a little to get the word out. 2. I'm not sure if we could do this. How about a flier or business card that you could give to someone or put under a windshield wiper. Maybe even put on a bulletin board at a parts store or other business. Let's hear what everyone else thinks.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Momudder720
Posting Guru
That's good stinkin', Scott. I know of a few off-road clubs that do the business card thing. It would only cost maybe 20 bucks at the most for the business card thing.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:54 PM
slmann
Postmaster
I didn't think it would be too bad price wise. Maybe something with the chapter logo and FTE logo. If we get some shirts made and sold we could use the proceeds for the business cards. Just a couple ideas.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:43 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
the flyers aren't too bad an idea either. They can be printed off of anyone's computers and posted at anything automotive or such. It's been done, just not around here. I had tried to do it before with the last leader, but never got a response. As for T-shirts and such, once a logo is decided, you can get as few or as many as you want from cafepress.com.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:55 PM
TUFFY
Senior User

With working 6 days a week and then the kids always having something to do its hard for me to get away much and my wife just lost her job so the money is tight also but I would like to meet you guys especially the more local ones. I like the t-shirt idea, and the business cards.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
getting to the local meets isn't the only thing, we can make it work without having to scare each other with our actual looks...LOL anyway, just come in here and participate, and as more members show up from you local area, you can hang out with them, and who knows from there. That's the way it builds folks, get together locally, and the rest will come. Never know, the connections tyou make here may make a difference down the road, connections are everything in this world, right or wrong.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:29 PM
87ford4x4inline6
Senior User
Originally Posted by fellro86
getting to the local meets isn't the only thing, we can make it work without having to scare each other with our actual looks...LOL anyway, just come in here and participate, and as more members show up from you local area, you can hang out with them, and who knows from there. That's the way it builds folks, get together locally, and the rest will come. Never know, the connections tyou make here may make a difference down the road, connections are everything in this world, right or wrong.
This is so true, I have made severl friends online and it has helped when traveling and breaking down. Also has helped me on my projects (which I have too many of) The phrase "build it and they will come" comes to mind.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:35 PM
slmann
Postmaster
The whole thing is about getting to know people with a common interest. I have alot of buddies but out of all of them only one is interested in cars the rest just happen to drive something where they go, and like I said cars not really trucks. So being able to get some info from FTE is great, but having some local people to get it from and maybe show you a little hands on is better. Plus getting together to show off your truck or to maybe go out on some trails with a group that shares a common interest is great.

Quick Reply: What do you want out of the Missouri Chapter?