Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wooddyusa

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Anyone with a Gooseneck?

Does anyone have a gooseneck hitch in their truck?

My father and I were on our way back to SLC from Atlanta with a 25' gooseneck and my Explorer when we hit a horse with his truck in Bluff, UT. The truck is totalled, and we need to get the trailer from Bluff (just south of Blanding) to my house in West Jordan. Would anyone be willing to rent us their truck or go with us to get the trailer? We will make it worth the trip...

TIA...

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Posting Guru

mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've only got a 5th wheel hitch. Too bad about hitting the horse, that can do some real damage to both vehicle and horse. Hope everyone was ok.

Did you drive your Explorer on in to SL and now have an empty trailer to get here? If all else fails I guess the goose neck could be hauled in on another trailer. I'm sure there is someplace around there to use for a ramp.
Dads 87 F-250
4x4-5sp 6.9 Turbo
73,000 original miles
Old 04-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
I can get the plate for a 5th wheel to pull a gooseneck. Would you be interested in running down to Bluff with us?

No one got hurt except the horse. He chose the wrong day to pick a fight with a truck... but he totalled the F250, so I guess he got his licks in also...

We had to unload the Explorer off the trailer and drive it in. Glad we had it because there is nothing in Bluff...
The trailer is empty. Its just we can't find a tow vehicle to rent. Hertz, etc - no one rents those. Tow services are wanting $500-$1100 to go down and get it.

Last edited by CobraXP; 04-20-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That sucks Dave. Wish I could be of some help, but alas, no hitch. If you need anything else though, don't hesitate to give me a call.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Posting Guru

mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah Bluff is pretty barren. I have relatives in Blanding, Green River and a few other oddball little towns around the state.

Sending you a pm Dave.
Dads 87 F-250
4x4-5sp 6.9 Turbo
73,000 original miles
Old 04-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Postmaster

Thanks Mike!

I think we found a way to get the trailer back. I made a call and found someone that is going to help Dad run down tomorrow and get the trailer. That will be one problem solved.

I'm going to get the pics on my website tonight, so I'll post a pic later to show you what a horse can do. The pics really don't do the damage justice, but you can tell what a lick the truck took. I can really give Ford credit - they made these trucks right...

Old 04-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Elder User

Glad to hear you made it home all right, all things considered. BTW, how's the xp running? We need to have some sort of G2G so I can finally see the beast. And since you are our leader, lead us. The forum has been kinda dead so we need something to get interest up.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Elder User

I just thought of something, it wasn't the 05 F250 was it? (Saw it on your website, which still hasn't been updated).
Old 04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Postmaster

The X is running great. It's getting new brakes, rotors, shocks, etc - this weekend. Then a little cleanup under the hood and a few other goodies.

We do need to have another get together. As soon as it warms up, my house will be available....

Old 04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Elder User

Sounds like a plan. We just need to get a few of the others on here to come as well. Not that I don't enjoy your company, but it would be nice to meet some of the other members. The only day I could attend a get together would probably be on a Sunday. I'm working every Sat night up through ~November. I guess I could just burn some of my leave if needed.

Looks like you have a pretty busy weekend ahead of you. I need to get going on my truck as well. I am actually thinking about lowering my truck a couple of inches. Sits a little too high, and I would like to be able to get it somewhat in the garage to work on it. I seem to have too many projects on my plate right now. Gotta prioritize.
See ya later
Old 04-21-2005, 11:31 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter