Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Senior User

mpcrewcab is starting off with a positive reputation.
jefferson WI Car Show

Are any of the IL Chapter members planning to attend this coming weekends swapmeet/show. It is saturday and sunday in Jefferson Wi. Which is about 1 1/4 hours north of Rockford. Some of the members of the WI Chapter are getting together for dinner on saturday at a restaurant in Jefferson about 6pm. Also the show on sunday has all years of mustangs featured.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Posting Guru

JohnT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile

I may have been interested, had I known about it sooner. However, the weather this weekend doesn't look like it's going to very good. The high on Sunday is only supposed to be around 50-not exactly ideal weather for a car show.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Senior User

I agree John but still will probaly take the crew or the stang since it is so close. Are any of you IL Chapter members going to the JCWitney show this weekend?

Mike
Old 04-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Elder User

Fastronald is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wisconsin

Would have been nice with MUCH better weather. Much like John, was too late to change plans. My Brother and my family met our Aunt for lunch and have a Union meeting Sunday. Whitney show is in De Kalb area right?

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

To ALL my fellow Veterans, Thanks!

U.S. Army 1971 - 1974

Founding F.T.E. Illinois Chapter Leader - 2004 - 2005
Old 04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Senior User

whowey is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went to Jefferson on Sat. Bought entirely too much stuff. Good thing I didn't drive myself, I would now be sleeping in whatever followed me home.

I could have sworn that the JCW show was at their warehouse in Peru, right where 39 and 80 cross.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Senior User

what a miserable weather weekend- but sold most of the stuff and a few bites on a body and another crew so hopefully those turn into solid leads. I am not sure exactly where the JCWhitney show was, I knew I had seen the flyer for it in N. IL and knew most of the chapter was from semi around there. Will try and give more time for the fall one. It usually a good show and swap too. Did good buying-- not much followed us home. A couple of books and the redone 390 heads and Off. Intake for the 66 cyclone project.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Senior User

I ended up with 2 more Jeep motors, and a ton of Misc. stuff, Didn't find any decent tires though. Everything was P rated or swamper style.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Posting Guru

truckfarmer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was at Jefferson. Froze our butts off and got wind-burned! I sold a couple sets of wheels and some 9" center sections. Bought a 64 F100 from Arizona and was way too late on a deal on a 73-79 Crewcab. Seller wanted $1500 for it and it was already sold when I saw it. That is the problem with trying to sell stuff. I am locked in my booth most of the time. My buddy or my son would watch the booth for a while but it's a two-way street. They want to look also. Son found some wheels for his 2000 Mustang.
On a sour note... Illinois raised the price at their tollbooths. It is now $1 ($.50 if you have I-Pass) but because I was pulling my one axle camper, it cost me $2.85, each way. $1 for my loaded truck and an extra $1.85 for a 1200# trailer????
Old 04-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Elder User

Fastronald is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tolls

Don't get me started on those $%^&* tolls. The @#$%^&* idiots that did that need to be shot. Just my opinion.

To ALL my fellow Veterans, Thanks!

U.S. Army 1971 - 1974

Founding F.T.E. Illinois Chapter Leader - 2004 - 2005
Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Senior User

That is Gov. Chicagovich at his finest.

You don't want to see the I-pass bills for my delivery truck at work.... They basically tripled the tolls on commerical trucks.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter

Tags
car, jefferson, show, wi