Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

national meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up national meet

ok people, who is going to the national meet in kc in july?
need to know who is going, and what route you plan on taking for a caravan.
would also like to know what you will be driving, that way we can get the slower rides together. [ my max is about 60-65, and the little six is screaming then}

also would like to know if anyone wants to go, but needs a ride so we can get everyone there that wants to go. fuel is going to be an issue for some, so i am sure we can get a few to ride and help with expenses cant we?

jim

Old 04-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I think I just might be good for that Friday. Not sure if I would stay til saturday, but I could leave as early as wed. if anybody wanted to get there early??? Just a side thought.

Hmm... I came up with almost 450 miles, and around 4.5 hours... though the Ranger might make it in 5. I'm good to drive, but I'm not sure how practical it would be since I can only take 1 other person somewhat comfortably. Anyways... I am more than willing to drive, and of course, I will be in the slow caravan... 55mph or so (hey hey... don't say anything... she get's 29.5 mpg at that speed!!! That is so long as the ac isn't on).

Jim, maybe we could race? Kinda like a mini Cannonball Run??

STan

Old 04-22-2005, 12:34 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Barring any unforeseen incidents, I hope to join. I think I'd like to drive my '78 F150 up there. That'll be probably a 3 or 4 hour trip. I won't be moving fast either. I don't push the stock 24 year old C6 over 65mph. I'll have to look more closely at the dates and find out if/what plans my family/job might have.

Here's the details as per Rollie, from the Kansas Forum:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=368359

Well time was getting of an essence so here is what we came up with. Contracts and such still need to be signed but the date and location is now secured.

We will be having the Rally at the "Woodlands" in Kansas City, KS on July 29th and 30th. The 29th will be our meet and setup day with the main event on the 30th. The lot we have is approximately 250,000 sq. ft. all paved. The address is 9700 Leavenworth Road Kansas City, KS 66109 :http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...searchtab=home Mapqwest or their website: http://www.woodlandskc.com/

The Woodlands is a horse and dog track facility on the west side of KCK. We will be able to utilize their track facilities for dining and such. If we have a group big enough on Friday evening we can have a dinner at the track in a private area and as a plus they will announce our group, publish it on the programs and the tickets, which will allow for people attending the races to know about the Rally on Saturday. There is also a Hampton Inn and a new Holiday Inn Express right by there that we can get group rates through the Woodlands. Right down the road is the Kansas Speedway which has a lot of new stores, restaurants and motels around it.

Still have to work out the rest of the details but for now we have our Date and Location. Now to put together the rest of the Rally. More details as they are worked out will be posted. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Oh Ya, Here is the official FTE announcement in the Events and Happening Forum::

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...34#post2604534

Old 04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
HOWiseJR
Junior User
Smile National Rally

Jim, my wife and I will be going, usually drive up Turner Turpike to Tulsa and up to Joplin, take 74 to KC, will be driving 03' F-150 Supercrew but speed is not required, love
this route best, sure gets lonely going up I-35 and through the Flint Hills if you could use another for convoy, let me know.

Last edited by HOWISEJR; 04-24-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
just tryin to get an idea of who all wants to go, since mines 44 years old it might require a little tlc on the way. since i'm 46 , i might require a little tlc on the way too! if it's 4.5-5 hours drive, i'm lookin at trying to make it in 6.5-7. i do have to stop every so often, truck doesnt, but i do!

Old 04-24-2005, 11:35 PM
HOWiseJR
Junior User
Smile Making stops good.

J.im, this truck maynot be old, but need too break myself in at 62, when I get 64 going

Old 04-25-2005, 02:46 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
I'm up for going in my little Bronco II. Speed doesn't matter for me.. Mine goes up to 75 without a problem. I've figured it to take right at 5 hours for me.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Jimbare
just tryin to get an idea of who all wants to go, since mines 44 years old it might require a little tlc on the way. since i'm 46 , i might require a little tlc on the way too! if it's 4.5-5 hours drive, i'm lookin at trying to make it in 6.5-7. i do have to stop every so often, truck doesnt, but i do!
Loss of bladder control comes with age??? Hmmm... I always thought wisdom comes with age, guess I was wrong. Not looking forward to growing old now man!!

I'm cool with turning it into a 7 hour drive, doesn't bother me a bit. Who know's, there may be a few things along the way to stop and look at???

Ever heard of Big Brutus???

STan

Old 04-25-2005, 07:13 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Oh yea I had forgotten all about Big Brutus! It's huge! The bucket on that thing! Amazing.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
might be a little early for big brutus, if we want to get there before the meet is over.
guess we better see who is going friday, and who is going saturday.
i may try for both day's, but saturday may be it for me, i plan on leaving at 1:00-2:00 in the morning. dont see any reason to miss anymore than i have too!

if i dont find my fuel problem, the econo will not be going! some reason it decided to get 14 mpg the other day, my crew cab gets 18 with the air on and running 80!

knowing when to stop is getting smarter, evidentily stan has never ridden 500 miles in an econo. its kinda like a hot pop, the more you shake, the more "fizz" you got!

i only got room for one in the front, but i can get 10-12 in the bed! that is unless someone wants to ride on the dog house, [ it doesnt get "that" hot], and doesnt mind bumping there head every now and then!
i will be nice and throw a pile of fan belts, couple cans of water, couple starters and a couple alternators in the tool box. might even throw in a chain too. that way mabey we can get every one there, hopefully we can meet up with a few of the texans and the missou's along the way too.

i guess everyone from tulsa and points south can meet up with the easterners at big cabin, and anyone farther north somewher up that a way along the way. just need to know where everyone is gonna be, and what you will be driving, dont want to fly by and leave anyone!

Old 04-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Well, you've got me there Jim, I can't say I have EVER ridden in a pug, let alone for 500 miles (though I'm certain it cannot be MUCH worse then the 'Ol Ranger, right?).

1AM!! WOW, well, okay.

STan

Old 04-28-2005, 10:56 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, i know i am definitly going, what i dont know is if ill be able to drive my 76 F-150, i did the math and unless i can miraculasly get 15mpg+ in it, the fuel cost wont fit in our budget.....i might have to drive my nissan or hitch a ride with someone, and just bring pics of my trucks and various projects.....if i gotta ride along with somebody im sure i can help out on fuel costs....it sounds like a good time, i noticed its at a race track, will there be races or anything??? id like to have my engine freshend up before then and have it there, but unless its on a trailor(better gas mileage )my truck wont make this meet.....but, if its really gonna be a annual thing like they say, ill definitly take her next year......

BTW: we most definitly need a vinyle logo banner or two by then so we can represent properly!!

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 04-28-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
BTW: we most definitly need a vinyle logo banner or two by then so we can represent properly!!
Awaiting approval.

STan

Old 04-30-2005, 12:06 AM
mr. dave
Senior User
I 'm not sure what route you are taking , but I can make it to downtown KC from OKC in an 18 wheeler in about 5 hours and only run 360 miles.
the best route from the Tulsa area would be straight up 169 to I-35 to I-435 and around the west side to the location. The time for this route would be about 4 hrs or less. Nice ride and good road.

If someone from OKC area needs use of a trailer -16 ft - needs safety chains and 1 tail light - I might be persuaded to let them use it.

Not trying to be smart a** or anything like that on routes, but do drive a few miles per week and travel that area. Wish I could go, but the "Boss" has other trips planned for me. Hope you'll have a good time and look forward to hearing about the event and seeing the pics. Mr Dave

Quick Reply: national meet