ok, so far I have spent about 2 hours taking the steering linkage from the truck.....man did I need a BIG hammer. I pounded (with a 5# sledge) on the pitman arm ball joint for about 45 minutes, using penetrating oil, and heat from a propane blow torch (it was fun to see the oil explode when it reached it's flash point). it finally gave up after deciding that it wasn't going to win.
then the same thing with the driver side spindle ball joint. I wonder if this truck was in standing water for a long time, because the ball joint studs were actually rusted.... not just surface rust, I mean pitted and basically welded to the parts I was removing them from, due to the rust. anyway, I got it all apart, and now I need to take measurements and put the new stuff together and re-assemble everything.
oh yeah, I AM ON VACATION!!!!! come hang out with me. <-- this looks like the music dude from Letterman's show. hahaha