Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Lake gtg...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake gtg...

Okay, Skiatook lake... who could make it on say a friday evening (lol, you should have known I would say this... it's best for me) or a saturday evening?

In the summer time, I will have some time off. I'm still working 44 hr. weeks, but only in 4 days, so wed.-friday is good for me anytime (not too late friday night though, lol, sorry).

Who can/wants to bring a boat? I can probably bring a buddies boat, though it's just a little john boat... in case any of use wanted to go fishing.

Dates... I was thinking around the 2nd or 3rd week of May?

Let me know what you think.

STan

P.S. Hey Ron... are you going to bring that 54 foot boat of yours???

Old 04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Here's my reply to another post:: "As for the lake get together; I'm partial to Skiatook Lake. I know that there are lots of campsites & picnic sites, boat ramps, and the water is clean and clear enough to swim in. Oologah, is going to be dirtier and I haven't found much for parking or camp/picnic sites. I know that Alice mentioned Claremoore Lake in another thread. That place has been much improved in the last couple years. There are lots of parking and picnic sites, jogging trails, nice playground for the little kiddies. The only downside is the lake requires a special seperate Claremoore lake fishing license and boat usage fees. And there is no swimming or wading allowed in that lake."

I too am too busy until after school is out for this semester. Maybe early to mid may I'll be done with finals. I'd prefer a Saturday meet, where we'd have plenty of daylight. I currently work Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm. There wouldn't be much daylight on Friday after work for me to join. But that is ok. We could split the meet up again for all those that work different shifts. I'm all for grilling some burgers and hotdogs on a warm sunny day with the cool lake breeze blowing, water glistening, surrounded by a bunch of Ford Trucks.

And yes, I think I could bring my 1954 16' Arkansas Traveler boat. It would fit about 3 or 4 adults at a time on it. If it's gonna be a family get together, I might bring my 3 year old son too.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also vote for a Saturday GTG. But that's just because I have to work Friday night.

If "camping" is desired, something is going to have to be done quickly. COE lakes (Oologah, Skiatook, etc.) are nearly booked full for the Memorial Day weekend and many spots are taken before then. For the "waterfront" sites, people are coming in 2 weeks early so they'll have it for the holiday.

Day use fees apply at all COE lakes. Shelters are $50 if we'd like to have some shade &/or be prepared for rain. For more info on Corps lakes, poke around at: http://www.swt.usace.army.mil

Old 04-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Would you guy's be willing to do this on Memorial day?? I only ask because I am actually off on this day and usually we don't do anything really with the family.

STan

Old 04-20-2005, 07:17 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I'm off on Memorial Day, also. That would be ok with me. Though all the lakes will probably be real busy. But at least there would be more of us not working that day so there'd be more people available for an FTE get together. I won't be camping.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:39 PM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Memorial Day (or any part of that weekend) probably isn't a good choice for a lake GTG. Will be tons of people 'fighting' for the limited day-use resources. Besides, a lot of people do still go and decorate gravesites.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Thread topped!

Man, you guy's are a difficult bunch to get motivated!

STan

Old 04-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
"Here I sit, broken hearted, tried to crap... but only farted".

Moral of the story-- crap or get off the pot guys. Let's get something done.

STan

Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Is this a no go?

STan