Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2005, 01:36 AM
New User

84B_Ron_CO2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Conversion to dual fuel and carb prob

84 2.8L with 2BBL carb. I want to convert to bi-fuel. Any ideas where I can get the parts I need? The tank I can get local, but the rest? Also, my carb has something called a temperature controlled pump (TCP valve) on the front of it, actuated via vacuum for emissions I think. The Edited out thing leaks and I can't seem to get a good seal. Any ideas on how to stop the leakage? It has 3 screws, so maybe there's a torque spec and sequence? I've tried buying a gasket (NAPA, Miner's, AutoZone didn't even know what it was), making my own with gasket paper, rubberized gasket paper, Permatex, and JB-Stick. Nothing has worked. I've got to meet emissions, so can't just trash the emissions. Was thinking about doing the conversion to 3.0 fi manifold, but can't seem to find a donor. Any help is appreciated...
Old 04-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Internet Brands

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 04-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Posting Guru

roger dowty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roger dowty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the site.

propaneguy.com has some good info. I just got some parts- used- today and am converting my 351m to dual fuel with my edelbrock 600 carb. I will be going to a 400 that will be built for propane and may be dedicated to propane or maybe dual fuel if it works out real good.

I am reading and learning a bunch while I go. I am lucky in that I have some experts that i can talk to locally as well. My plan is to be able to fuel at home where i will have a 500 gallon tank and can get propane for under $1.5 gallon. I can get it in town for 1.37 right now but it fluxuates. I am after performance and longevity and am unsure what motor I will end up with over time. Maybe a 300 in line.

There is a lot of good info here but also a lot of folks talking and making recommendations with limited info or a friend of a friend kind of thing. Have fun and pm me if you have more specific questions or post...whatever. I am just learning so beware!!!

Last edited by Torque1st; 04-15-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:26 AM
New User

84B_Ron_CO2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up A little bit of a wait, but here's my reply

Thanks for the info. I tried a few eBay auctions, but was never willing to go as high as the auctions ended. Propaneguy from propaneguy.com (who appears to auctions under propane*guy @ eBay, and has an eBay store @ stores.ebay.ca/Books-N-Stuff) was who I eventually purchased from. He is a bit slow to reply to email, but my stuff should be in route as I type this. I'll need to dig up a tank, fill valve, hose, etc... locally, but that shouldn't be hard, though I haven't called around yet. I read on someone's website that local truck yards probably have a few LPG junkers around, so I'm hoping to get something for just a little. Though the whole thing may be moot as I may have a job on Oahu. Anyway, should this all come to fruition, I'll keep a photo log and diary on a website and post the URL here. Anyone in Tucson/Phoenix area with a lead to a tank?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:26 AM