Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1947 and Older Ford Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2005, 01:31 AM
New User

mrbones is starting off with a positive reputation.
1943 navy cargo truck

I have a completely restored 1943 Navy Cargo Truck. Runs Great, in excellent shape. I would like to find out what it is worth. Can anyone help me out here?thank you

Last edited by mrbones; 04-11-2005 at 01:35 AM. Reason: removed email address
Old 04-12-2005, 04:48 AM
New User

Okay, Now I found out it is called a ford burma jeep. Still need info on this thing.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:09 AM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Hi mrbones - Welcome to FTE.

I don't know anything about your 1943, but thats an interesting looking truck you have.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 04-12-2005, 12:42 PM
New User

Thank you Im learning more about it every day
Old 04-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Postmaster

barry is starting off with a positive reputation.
The Navy got most of these trucks. They have a special intake-exhaust manifold on those trucks, and not much, if anything interchanges with civy trucks. You need to try the MVPA web site for value. Because it's military, the values are tough to ascertain. It's a small segment of the collecting hobby and most people don't think they have much value. If you were to want to sell it, you'd have to stick to that segment to get any real money. They came in a cargo truck version and a bomb service truck for moving bombs out to the aircraft. It had a hoist system with a long center rail that extended past the rear of the truck. It had a trolley and a chain fall on the rail. THe name, "Burma Ford Jeep" was because the grille was similar to the early Ford produced Jeep, model GPW, those also had the slat grille. There are not many left now, as most were sold off surplus to construction companies. Many were used in California on the big produce farms and ranches. I restored military trucks for 22 years and only saw 2 in the hands of collectors out here in the east. Try www.mvpa.com .

Barry
Old 04-12-2005, 05:37 PM

46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.
Not sure if they have them here in Southern Cal (I noticed it says you in Redondo), but I know there is a Military Vehicles club in the Phoenix area, and they hold a show yearly in Phoenix. Check out www.armytrucks.org for info, and the link given in the last post should be www.mvpa.org, not .com
plus a handful of other Fords

'42-'47 collector and aficionado
Old 04-12-2005, 05:39 PM
New User

WOW! Thanks so much Barry, I'll try that.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
New User

You to Gary. I appreciate all the info. keep it comin guys!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Postmaster

barry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gary- There's 2 chapters in Calif. One up north and one in central Calif. I was president of the Conn. chapter for 10 years before I gave up O D green.

Barry
Old 04-12-2005, 10:57 PM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
I find all of this stuff interesting.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 04-12-2005, 10:57 PM