Sponsored by:

Getting to know my Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:01 PM
KBronco
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Getting to know my Bronco

Well we took my Bronco, new transmission, shift kit and all into the mud yesterday. I went with my uncle, He always says not to 4 wheel alone. I found out how right he is Saturday. We went to a commercial development site that he got permission to use so that I could have some fun in the mud and on dirt hills. Mostly it was a blast and the 5.8l is plenty of engine. I decided that I'm not doing the chip due to the need for 93 octane gas. The payloaders and earth movers have been working the area for about three weeks setting the look of the development. I locked my hubs and up the hills we went. Going downhill on loosely packed dirt was another matter, I tried to go too fast the first time and the back end wanted to race the front end down. I got it under control and eased down. The biggest problem is that a large commercial sized septic tank is just about a foot wider and two feet longer than my Bronco. I'm glad the lid was only 2' down. I was in the mud and went over the hole perfectly. Yeah, I sunk 2 feet like a brick and was stuck, hard. I could open the door and step out on mud at the level of the bottom of my door. I actually moved some mud to open it on the passenger side. We took a tow line and hooked it up to my hitch and my unlce pulled me out like I was a toy truck with his F250. I'm glad there was nothing in the tank, though. He got one of the Caterpillars and filled up my ruts and we spent the rest of the day learning how to avoid traps and go through the bad parts. 11 hours and 1 1/2 tanks of gas later I was pretty well worn out. We went to a do it yourself carwash and he handed me a tyvek coverall like the sheet rock people use and told me to wash underneath both trucks, that was a mess. All in all I had a great time and learned a lot, especially on those hills. I sure see why everyone likes the Bronco so much.
Kris

Old 04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Thats great you had some fun. May I welcome you too your newest addiction.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:29 PM
KBronco
Freshman User
I hooked. How much money is this going to cost me? At least I'm not alone, LOL

Old 04-10-2005, 09:56 PM
ChargerFan
Senior User
Awesome. Simply AWESOME.! How much fun would it be to have as much fun a possible and still be no more broke or poorer(?) than when you started.
It sounds like you have a great mentor. And he's showing(teaching) you.
Way cool.
Props to you and him.